Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom survives and the dog dies!!!! O/T

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom survives and the dog dies!!!! O/T

I like critters folks. Hell, I am married to one. Apparently this dog had bitten before. They surrendered the the dog to the k-9 cops. Wonder why?

There are leash laws here. I am or will not ask someone to put up a critter that is not supposed to be on the loose in the first place (especially at daybreak), nor do I think that my grandchilden should have to knock and ask!

Some people should not have critters. Some people should not have kids. I personally have both, but I do know where to "draw the straw" on either one of the two.

This is about responsibility, not choices of companionship.

True, everyone should keep their "shots" up to date, but, at my age, I don't need them as often (so says my friend Dr. Steve).

As far as personal attacks, such as implying that I am an idiot, then I challange that person or persons to an I.Q. test. Let us see who the real idiot is!

As far as other implied threats, such as munition attacks, I say that I survived two tours in Viet Nam with AK 47's after my ass. Don't tread on me.

I love my God. I love my family. I love my friends. I love my country. Critters come in last.

Anyone don't like what I have to say about this can kiss my grits.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Said

I'll give that a big fat AMEN!

Post Thanks / Like

strongly agree
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This ones for you CP

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biters

Cane POLE you are right on. Since my heart surgery January 26, 2005 I have to walk and exercise regularly. There are two German Shepards and Rocs that get my in space but what they donot know is I have a 45 with me. IF I am dog bit I could bleed to death. That will not happen.

Maybe this should be posted on the what for board. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heart Surgery

That was 1/26/04
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which one caused the most trouble in a neighborhood. Teenage kids or the dogs.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

answer: Me the teenage kid.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom:

How is the ankle today? My wife was attacked by a German Shepard that appeared to be under the control of it's owner. It bit down repeatedly on her upper leg and so hard that she has permanent nerve damage. It's been over 10 years since it happened and it still bothers her - I guess it always will.

She was delivering a quilt by appointment to a customer’s home and the dog belonged to the customer’s mentally challenged daughter "for her protection" who was there to help them move to another town.

The property owners were apologetic after the attack and gave us a blank check to pay her initial doctor bill for getting sewed up but didn’t bother to let us know where they were moving to or where the daughter lived so the dog could be checked out and didn’t want any further responsibility.

We found out who their insurance carrier was and dealt directly with them and we also learned that the dog had attacked someone before. It cost State Farm a good chunk of change for my wife to have many more doctor visits and physical therapy trying to get her leg back to normal. She gave up her machine quilting business because she couldn’t operate the machine (have to stand and walk back and forth) without aggravating her leg.

So, you know which side of the fence I’m on. That dog should have been put down the first time it attacked someone. I don’t know that it was taken care of even after it attacked my wife. The daughter also lived in another town so jurisdiction was a problem. Our animal control was able to track down the dog’s owner and verify with her vet that the dog was up to date on it’s shots and reported the incident to the animal control department where she lived but that’s as far as they could go.

It’s one thing to have properly trained dog for protection – one that will threaten an intruder and alert their owner but a dog that attacks with no provocation is a menace and should be put away in my opinion.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your ankle feels better in a hurry,and i agree with you on the dog thing.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast