Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Rod Holder Set-Up Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Rod Holder Set-Up Pics

After being asked by several members in the past about my rod holder set-up I took a few pics. The 7/8" round rails I got from a friend and you can usually not have any trouble finding them at a boat salvage yard. I re-cut them to fit my boat. What I like about them is that they have a natural curve that fits the boat nicely.

The actual rod holders are Driftmasters. The round rail adapter bases are also Driftmaster. I wanted a good heavy duty set-up because I troll Bandits also. With this set-up I can adjust the rodholder up and down towards the water, angle them right or left, and with the round rail I can even move a few rod holders to the center in case there are 3 of us fishing.

The rod tubes that I use to store my rods when running between brushpiles are PVC with a 1 1/4" inside dia. I cut mine 13 1/2" tall. My dip net is the lime green one at Wal-Mart for $5.96 and a push broom handle fits inside perfectly. I could not fish without my extended dip net with these long rods. The rod tubes also store the dip net to keep it at easy reach but out of the way. I also have installed a 12 volt dual air pump for my Cool Bubbles minnow buckets. One in the front one in the back. No noisy pumps to listen too!

I also included a pic of my Maximizer. I love being able to sneak up on my shallow beds without spooking fish. It runs so much slower than the #1 speed on the trolling motor.

Here's a little tip for those of you who like to tip your jigs with Crappie Nibbles. Take a small plastic bowl and lid and use a screw and washer to attach these where ever you need one. No more Nibbles blowing around in the boat and they won't dry out.

This set-up works real well for me. Thanks for asking about it.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for getting those pics up so quickly for us, Slabbandit. I'm still trying to determine the best configuration in my boat for the pvc vertical rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice setup,slabbandit.....gives me some ideas on my scow! Thanks!! BTW, tell us how well the Maximizer works?

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pictures

real good pictures--- neat ideal about the nibbles
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really trick set up slab...Thanks for letting us see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Man those look great, but I hope my wife don't find out about those and
    where you got them...

I just got busted when the bill came in for those Ranger-style ones I ordered
    from Cabela's - she was not the happy camper :D
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

nice.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hi LABill, I couldn't make it without my Maximizer! I tell people that they could write something on my blade and I can slow it down enough to read what they wrote!
    I can slip up on a shallow brushpile without spooking fish. When it's a little windy I can set the speed just right and more less hold myself in place.
    I like it for spiderrigging because I never have to turn the motor off and on, just steer.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Those nibbles look good enough to eat if a guy was desperate... Good looking setup.

Is your maximiser on a handoperated or footoperated trolling motor??

Post Thanks / Like

My trolling motor is a foot operated 28 thrust Minn-Kota. The Maximizer will work on any 12 volt trolling motor.
    Last edited by slabbandit; 02-24-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast