Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grenada

Post Thanks / Like

Default grenada

i'm planning a trip to grenada in about two months. has anyone fished there? where did you stay. can you stay on the water anywhere and rent a boat slip for few days and leave your boat in the water? did you fish minnows or jigs. what color jigs do the fish prefer on that lake? any help would be appreciated.

rotorman Guest

You can stay in several hotels just off the interstate in the town of Grenada. To my knowledge there is no where to stay on the water. These hotels are about 5 min from the DAM. Carry bouth jigs and minnows. You never know what they may want. I always do but usually wind up using jig only. Just cant leave the minnows behind! Be prepared to do several types of fishing. With the high water things will be different this year. I like 2.5 inch chart/silver giltter and chart/red glitter curly tail jigs. I have found that i can use the for just about everything but usually switch to tubes when vert. fishing. Good luck! By the way, they use really big minnows in Missippi. Don't let that scare you.

Post Thanks / Like

rotorman,

Although your message wasn't directed to me, I appreciate the info. I have been trying to contact the chamber of commerce for the Grenada area and they haven't sent me anything back. I am planning a trip in the second week of April and starting to prepare now. I might be by myself or with a buddy. I've heard great things about the lake if you learn how to find them, not that that's different on any other lake. I have a 17-1/2' Duracraft bass boat that I have set up for crappie fishing ion the last year. I have installed rod holders for drift fishing or trolling and I also have mediocre electronics (Lowrance 320's) to help me out. I am just starting to get into crappie fishing pretty heavy this year. If theirs any other info that might help me, please let me know. I live in the St. Louis area and fish MO lakes quite often. If you ever need help with info up here, just let me know. If I can't help you, I definately will know someone that will. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

There is a web site that I believe you might find helpful.( www.mdwfp.com) When you get there go to parks then district 2 then Hugh White. They have cabins just about as close as you can get without actually being on the water. I stayed there 3 years ago during spring break with my family. the cabins are really nice and clean. The one we stayed in was on a bluff over looking the lake. You could walk down to the water and there was a ramp about a quarter of a mile from the cabin.On the web site there are pictures of the cabins, rates and a phone #. I suggest you book one as soon as possible to make sure you get one they book up fast that time of year.Hope this helps. P.S. This a good site to check the fishing reports.
    Last edited by Renosky; 02-03-2005 at 08:35 PM. Reason: p.s.

Post Thanks / Like

Rattler, when are you going to Grenada. We go that way every spring. live west of yu about 90 miles.Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I are thinking of heading down that way for his spring break. I think it is the third week of March, is there anything happening that early down there?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes can be very good. Our reservations are the 2nd week of April. BarryG catch you at Queeny on the 16th. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,

I am planning on going on April 8,9, and 10th. This is my first trip there. I think I am going to take a look at the cabins that are mentioned in the chatroom. So far, it's just myself but I am waiting to hear an answer from a budddy. When were you planning on heading that direction?

Post Thanks / Like

Rattler, am going 9-15 April with four other guys from our community. two boats 5 fishermen. Will stay at Cossar Inn down at Enid and plan on fishing all three lakes during the week. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard to get hotel

Hey guys ,if any of you are planing a trip in late march you better try to reserve a room now. There are two major crappie tournaments in late march.One is the Crappie Masters on march19,and the other is the Crappie USA tournament on march 26th.The hotes and the lake will be full of fisherman. Come on down and have some fun fishing and possibly win some money to.
    Biguns only:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast