Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Water Temp Gauge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water Temp Gauge

Hey Guys I'm looking for a water temp gauge to mount in my boat . Mainly concerned about surface temp's . I would consider a portable unit also , I may just go ahead and buy a new depth finder with temp. Can anyone suggest what to buy ? Garmin , Lowrance ect Thanks

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a little Minne kota temp sensor cost about $14 you can mount it but i also use it for my orchids.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Buckhorn,
    Some people may dissagree with me on this but I was in a similiar situation last year. I had one depth finder that wasnt working great but it could tell me the depth of water very well but when it came to water temp or even fish it wasnt the greatest. What I did was I went to WalMart and got me an affordable fish finder and had it mounted to the bottom of my trolling motor. I bought the unit for 79 bucks and paid about 30 bucks for installation at my local boat shop. This was one of the best investments I have ever made and it only cost a little over 100 bucks. Hope this helps out some will suggest a better fishfinder but I had to weigh the cost compared to how much I could afford at the time. SMITTY 58D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply's guys . Hey shuroc , can you tell me more about your Minn Kota temp sensor ? I have two depth finders mounted now. One transducer on trolling motor and the other at the stern . I really just need a temp sensor like you mentioned . Where did you get yours ? Bass Pro , Walley World ect .

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the temp/speed sensor add-on for my Humminbird FF in the big boat. Works really good from what I can tell.

I simply keep a pool thermometer in my canoe. Hey! It works!
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine at the local Bass Tracker outlet but he no longer stocks them, but when i googled Minn Kota temp sensor it came up with the new version but no price, will check further.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela's item #IH-018444 price $19.99.--newer version.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

check walmart before they are gone, I got 2 of the minkota sensers for 3.00 each.