Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Choose between battery chargers

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Trying to Choose between battery chargers

Ok. I am thinking of getting the Minn Kota MK 210 2 banks (10 AMPS)battery charger or the Bass Pro Shops i XPS 5/5 (10 AMP). Does anyone know the plusses and minuses of both?

Minn Kota offers a rebate and Bass Pro will sell it for 84.99 - the $25 rebate
    3 year manf warranty

The Bass Pro model iXPS is on sale for 89.99 and you know Bass Pro pretty much replaces anything that breaks.

Which ones do you guys use? I may post this in the main board too.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the bass pro one for a little over a year, but had nothing but problems with it. After a year I returned it and BPS gave me my money back with no questions asked. So there is the good and the bad part of BPS brands.

Post Thanks / Like

I have looking at buying a onboard charger as well, and from everyone I have talked to the minn kota is the way to go. The reviews on the bp chargers are'nt very good. All the people I have talked to said they have had no problems with the minn kota.
    can't catch'em at home

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had 2 Guest on board chargers. One a 2 bank & the other a 3 bank. No problems with either
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a 3 bank 30 amp 10/10/10 from bass pro for about a year or so and it has done me well. It charges super quick and seems to do a great job for way less money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab
    I've had a 3 bank 30 amp 10/10/10 from bass pro for about a year or so and it has done me well. It charges super quick and seems to do a great job for way less money.

Yeah I am leaning towards the BPS charger. I like the fact that I live less than a mile from BPS and if something breaks the give me a new one no questions.

N.E. bama midway between guntersville and scottsboro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up guest is good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    I have had 2 Guest on board chargers. One a 2 bank & the other a 3 bank. No problems with either
    i don't think you'll find a better company to deal with, price wise i'm not sure but i had trouble with my unit once and they sent me a replacement before i even mailed them my old unit, with customer service like that i'll stick with them

Post Thanks / Like

I would get a Guest. In fact, I just bought a new 3 bank 45 amp last night. They have great customer service.
    If you have any questions about Guest, contact Sue @ 888-483-7865. Shes gone to the Classic right now so it may be a few days until you can get a hold of her.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the bps 4/4 charger for about 6 months. It is my first on board charger. Would never go back the old way charging batteries. Before my batteries were not lasting very long and they are 4 year old interstate batteries. Now each cell in the battery are now fully changed with the bps charger. And they last a lot longer. I am now wondering just how long will these old batteries will last.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 5/5 XPS charger from BPS that I have had for 2+ yrs. So far so good. I did see a post on these forums where someone knew an employee that said that many of their chargers had problems and were returned. Three year warranty........go for it.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast