Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update Thanks to that responce last time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update Thanks to that responce last time!

I just got back from my visit and Randy has come a long way, not that he is near finished, because he's still got a long way to go. However he is able to walk some with out any aid like the walker, now it's not like he's walking long distance and has a gate to his walk, but he is walking some with out the support of the walker. With the walker he is able to walk more normal with his steps (not sure how to explain this)and still uses a wheel chair too though especially if they are going out for a longer time. The high pitch part of his voice is still gone, but his regular talking voice is better, not 100% for sure, but at least it's not just a wisper now.

He still has a lot of trouble with his foot pain from the nerve thing. They (the Doctors) are looking at removing the blood clot if it doesn't go away on it's own and that may even contribute to his nerve pain as they don't know how much pressure on the nerve may be coming from that. So it's either the metal pieces in his back or the clot or both causing this pain. That is the only thing that may hold him from returning to his unit./ So far the doctors think he will be able to return to his unit at some point.

The best news is they got in an apartment yesterday so everyone has their own room. There is talk of them returning to Ft. Campbell after school is out this summer. I hope they can do something about the clot by then as well as they are saying they will reverse his colostomy in a few months. Eventually he will get some implants in his read end so cosmetically he will get fixed up as well.

His recovery is still going at a high rate of speed and his attitude is really good. Randy has lost 35 pounds (down to 195) so he's not happy about that and is aiming at regaining that mussel weight as soon as he can. He is hoping to be able to do a little hunting before they leave South Texas so I took him a rifle to use if the chance comes up which they have already told him he would get to do some.

Thanks to all for your support and prayers as it means so much,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip...That is wonderful news...Thank you so much for keeping us informed on your son...Your family will stay in our prayers...

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news Skip....Is he able to use the Intrepid Center yet or is it still under construction? Things are looking up.....

PS: Got the jigs yesterday and you are right about the new material...Thanks very much.......
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Glad to here it. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the update. Sure was glad to talk to you the other day. Please tell your son that we are continueing to pray for him and his family. GOD definately has plans for him. May GOD bless you and the entire Nantz family.

Post Thanks / Like

Great News. Make sure to keep posting.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

glade to hear the good news Skip.Keep us posted on his progress.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

That is good news Skip, please keep us posted on his progress. Our prayers are with him.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Its awesome to hear how quickly he is healing. If he wants to go hunting, thats a great sign. I hope he can go soon. I would think just getting out and shooting would be great for him.

Thanks for the update Skip. BTW, How are you holding up?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Your family will stay in our prayers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast