Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical Situation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hypothetical Situation

Suppose you left the last of your favorite hand-tied jig, made by someone else, in your pants pocket. Then, said pants got washed with mix of clothes.

While being the helpful husband and folding the clothes for the wife (after her having to only ask twice), you discover your missing jig, but it has become inseparably entangled in one of your wife's favorite pair of socks.

Do you:
    A. Cut the sock, recover your jig, and tell your wife what happened.

B. Cut the sock, recover your jig, then hide the evidence and claim another loss to the sock eating dryer should the wife ask you if you've seen her missing sock.

C. Cut the jig, save the sock, and hide your tears

D. Cut the jig, save the sock, tell your wife how stupid you were for not checking your pockets before throwing your clothes into the hamper (as a week attempt to score brownie point that you can hopefully redeem later for another fishing pass)

E. Take the sock with the jig to the wife, tell her how stupid you were for not checking your pockets before throwing your clothes into the hamper, but at the same time explain to her just how important that jig is, hoping she will make the RIGHT decision about which to save.

F. Sneak the blasted sock (and its mate) out of the house to see if your fishing buddies can save both, before the wife wants to wear the socks again.

Again, this is a TOTALLY hypothetical situation.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

So which scenario did you choose? And did it cause any grief?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hello : What socks ?

Post Thanks / Like

(A) is a no no.
    (B) only happens to men's socks.
    (C,D) last resort.
    (E) man up to something she already has a option about - oh yeah tell us how that works out.
    (F) sneaking and fishing buddies usually don't go together with a good outcome.
    Just make the jig barbless then when you miss one this will be a reminder to check the pockets. Also good for catch and release.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Dreamer, the real world answer to this hypothetical situation you find yourself in is: IF MOMMA AIN'T HAPPY, AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY! That 35 cent jig could be very expensive. And don't ask how I lnow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Likes Spaceman LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

replace the socks .
    Likes prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Take the sock with jig in it to your wife. Ask her if she can get it out and when she does you need the jig back.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If the jig is even close to hypothetical, you should soak it in luke warm water. Worry about the sock later.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Brimfisher is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that no matter how I try to get the jig out, and I would try, the sock would survive and most likely end up in the hands of my wife. I would give her the big puppy eyes and boo boo face, hope she could get it out or make the sacrifice.
    Create Memories Worth Repeating, Go Fishing With Your Dad.
    www.brimfisherjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I lost a 5 pack of 9/0 Gamakatsu Octopus hooks in the washer one time and it was an ordeal. She sent me take the clothes out of the dryer and I found the little clear envelope they come in. First thought was "oh crap, that's $12 worth of good catfish hooks". Next was "oh crap, they are in her scrubs and she is gonna be MAD when she gets one in her butt!!!". I picked through for an hour and was still 1 hook short. Took washer drum apart, still nothing. Put on the pair of shorts they came out of, while getting ready to tell her what happened, and got a hook in the knee. At least it was me not her or the kids. Kept it to myself until now.

(for those that don't know, 9/0 Octopus is about the size of a silver dollar, with a needle sharp offset tip. They go through skin like its butter!!!)
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast