HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not a Blakemore Brush Gripper, but?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a Blakemore Brush Gripper, but?

For those looking for brush grippers, these look like pretty close @ catfishconnection.com

https://www.catfishconnection.com/St...RANCH-GRIPPER/
    Likes "G" LIKED above post
    Thanks TwainGang, silverside thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    For those looking for brush grippers, these look like pretty close @ catfishconnection.com

https://www.catfishconnection.com/St...RANCH-GRIPPER/
    Those look closer to the original than anything else I found. I was looking for the Brush Gripper recently for my kayak and came across your post. Unfortunately, as many people know, the Blakemore Brush Gripper is inexplicably not being made any more. I was thinking about what could be a replacement, and read about jumper cable alligator clamps, but they don't open up wide. I thought these might work for a low budget solution. I drilled a couple holes in one handle to run a rope through for tying off to my kayak. I also drilled pilot holes in the jaw and put in a stainless steel screw in each jaw to act as a "tooth" to dig into any limb that is in the jaw. The jaws open up pretty wide as well. Haven't tried it yet, but it should hold a kayak good enough when a tree is close by.

3-1/2 in. Nylon Spring Clamp

Post Thanks / Like

Ran across these. Ecommerce Software Solutions: Online Store Software w/ Vendio Use to make something similar out of schedule 40 pvc. Use three quarter pipe 45 inches long. Drill hole 2 inches from the end. run rope through and tie knot so rope can not pull back through. Glue end cap on and drill hole in end cap. Run rope through end cap and out the bottom. LEAVE 3-4 FOOT. STICKING OUT THE BOTTOM. get a second end cap and drill hole and run rope through it and glue on to end of pipe. This allows for a loop size of your choice. You can grab stumps tree limbs or whatever is exposed. Have used to tie boat to dock loading and unloading. nice thing is u can make them what ever length you want.
    Last edited by Slab; 02-22-2017 at 07:25 AM. Reason: bad link

Post Thanks / Like

have a couple of those PVC ones, hooked a dog snap on the end of line. to allow any size loop even on straight pole timber. saw this on Sportsman friend in the 60s old Harold Ensley was quite the fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread, but here is one that is very close to the original Blakemore and it is made in Oklahoma.
    https://www.bigghossgear.com/product...e-brushgripper

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...old thread, but this works great for us when tying up to trees while fishing:
    The Angler Anchor | Best Fishing Boat Anchor for Small Boats and Kayak

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually ... TTI Blakemore DOES HAVE the Brush Gripper : BRUSH GRIPPER - TTI Blakemore
    Likes Skidz LIKED above post