Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanksgiving is about thanks and giving .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanksgiving is about thanks and giving .....

I want to start off by saying of course I post my version of fish reports in several social media areas . One is facebook under an assumed name of course like all the rest . So you see over there I am known as Johnny Ketchn and I have a couple of "friends" there . One such fella asked to be my friend last week and told me he wanted to buy some deer meat . I of course said that was huge no no , but I could possibly give him some .
    He went on to tell me about his dilemma , he is a disabled veteran and out of work and the list of problems for him went on and on . I told him since he lived pretty far away if he could get closer to DFW I could fix him right up . Told me they were not going to have a Thanksgiving because of the money situation and I told him ....we will fix that problem for sure !
    So we met in the middle of no where and I gave him a big ole butterball turkey for his family and an ice chest full of venison , in the mean time the ladies at work I shared the story with said they would get all the dry goods together .
    Well let me say this we shook hands a few times and he went on his way after a real large hug that bought made us both shed tears . Meanwhile my phone is going nuts and its a bud that says OMG get over here quick brother it is on fire with slabs .
    Here goes the interesting part , I am only about 10 minutes from where he is !
    I probably couldn't have made a lunch trip over there because of the distance from DFW but the situation being what it was I could stop by for an hour or so .
    He wasn't joking yawl and we slung big ole extra fat slabs up on the dock . I mean like the minute I hit we were jerking fish and it went on and on . I left after passing out a few baits to the other handful on the dock and packed up a few in my now empty ice chest for dinner .
    So you see a simple act of kindness and generosity and look at the reward .
    Give Thanks this week and give if you can , it will come back to you as of we all know you reap what you sow ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Those are some good ones! Glad you helped that gentleman out.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

God is good. Thanks for helping someone in need .
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!
    Likes fish getter, "G" LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Johnny. This is a hard time of the year to give, but that makes it all the more rewarding. I myself am cooking a full bird dinner for some shut in's tomorrow. Thanksgiving is great, because it starts with thanks and ends with giving. Danny
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Folks on this forum are great people. I drive an hour to work each day around 1:45PM, I check this forum several times before I leave because I'm lifted up by the fine people here.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
    Likes Redge, "G" LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A good deed done and an almost immediate repayment for a job well done. It just doesn't get any better than that. Very Good Job Mister!!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the nice comments and I firmly think this here type of behavior will cure the illness in our country and world .....
    quick update , he posted on one of my deer photos on facebook how thankful he was and how much they enjoyed the venison steaks they had for dinner ......
    have to like a thankful response in addition to the instant reward program for sure
    happy thanksgiving to all ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    I want to start off by saying of course I post my version of fish reports in several social media areas . One is facebook under an assumed name of course like all the rest . So you see over there I am known as Johnny Ketchn and I have a couple of "friends" there . One such fella asked to be my friend last week and told me he wanted to buy some deer meat . I of course said that was huge no no , but I could possibly give him some .
    He went on to tell me about his dilemma , he is a disabled veteran and out of work and the list of problems for him went on and on . I told him since he lived pretty far away if he could get closer to DFW I could fix him right up . Told me they were not going to have a Thanksgiving because of the money situation and I told him ....we will fix that problem for sure !
    So we met in the middle of no where and I gave him a big ole butterball turkey for his family and an ice chest full of venison , in the mean time the ladies at work I shared the story with said they would get all the dry goods together .
    Well let me say this we shook hands a few times and he went on his way after a real large hug that bought made us both shed tears . Meanwhile my phone is going nuts and its a bud that says OMG get over here quick brother it is on fire with slabs .
    Here goes the interesting part , I am only about 10 minutes from where he is !
    I probably couldn't have made a lunch trip over there because of the distance from DFW but the situation being what it was I could stop by for an hour or so .
    He wasn't joking yawl and we slung big ole extra fat slabs up on the dock . I mean like the minute I hit we were jerking fish and it went on and on . I left after passing out a few baits to the other handful on the dock and packed up a few in my now empty ice chest for dinner .
    So you see a simple act of kindness and generosity and look at the reward .
    Give Thanks this week and give if you can , it will come back to you as of we all know you reap what you sow ......
    Ketchn, that's a great story. BTW, those look more like pot-bellied pigs, rather than slabs.