Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a mental picture

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a mental picture

I went down to Tims Ford lake today to look at the water. It is at winter pool right now and down about 14 feet or so from the summer time levels. I was amazed at all the structure I saw. I made a mental picture of it in my mind and I'm gonna write me out a little fishing planner so when the water rises I will know where the structure is and what it is. There was a big flat, lots of laydowns, lots of stumps, lots of drops and ledges, lots of brush, man made attractors like tractor tires, a few stake beds, and even a small old road bed. Man I cant wait for the chance to fish these, I'm sure some of them are bound to hold fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I went down to Tims Ford lake today to look at the water. It is at winter pool right now and down about 14 feet or so from the summer time levels. I was amazed at all the structure I saw. I made a mental picture of it in my mind and I'm gonna write me out a little fishing planner so when the water rises I will know where the structure is and what it is. There was a big flat, lots of laydowns, lots of stumps, lots of drops and ledges, lots of brush, man made attractors like tractor tires, a few stake beds, and even a small old road bed. Man I cant wait for the chance to fish these, I'm sure some of them are bound to hold fish.
    I person can learn alot when water levels drop in the winter months. That is why I whated a GPS so I can mark points like this.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Another good thing to do beside GPS and written notes is take pictures. Tah way you don't have to do as much visualization. When water is up then you have all kinds of records to help you locate structure.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville