Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jigs w/ minnows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigs w/ minnows?

I would ten times rather cast a jig to brush than fish w/ a long pole, but I was wondering what type of jig do you guys use when tipping it w/ a minnow? Seems to me like the hair jigs might be better than tubes.....?

Post Thanks / Like

I like hair jigs myself

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, hair jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

I only use plastic if i'm too lazy to tie hair jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plastic for me..

Everyone has a preference, for sure, when it comes to tipping jigs with minnows. I only use plastic. Just my two cents..
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Hair jigs. But I would 10 times rather flip a jig in the shallows with a long pole "up close and personal" than cast a jig with a short pole from a distance. Usually though, when they are in the shallows around here we don't need to tip our jigs with minnows.

I guess it's because I feel like I have so much more control over the depth and speed of my presentation and I can drop a jig in real tight places and behind stumps and such that would be very difficult to cast to.

If you're targeting crappie in a two foot area you can run a jig at several different angles and depths through that area with a long pole in the time it would take you to cast and retrieve a jig one time while sitting 20 yards away.

Plus you can see what you are fishing in and around and avoid hang-ups a lot easier while you pick it apart. That's one of the great things about crappie fishing - there are so many techniques available to fish for them.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Capps and Coleman use Mid South rubber jigs and they are the best crappie fisherman in the country so I think that I will use them too.....................

Post Thanks / Like

they only do that when people arealooking

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Well Casey ...

Quote Originally Posted by caseydrew
    I would ten times rather cast a jig to brush than fish w/ a long pole, but I was wondering what type of jig do you guys use when tipping it w/ a minnow? Seems to me like the hair jigs might be better than tubes.....?
    I don't "longpole" either .... preferring to cast. If I was going to use a minnow on a jig ... it would be a plain weedless jighead - no plastic/hair/feathers or any other kind of body material. But, that's just me .... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willsjwills
    they only do that when people arealooking
    :D :D :D I like it
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast