Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handheld GPS suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Handheld GPS suggestions?

Looking to go with a handheld GPS instead of upgrading my finders. I fish out of a smaller rig and am fine with the two older finders I have but I would like to have something I can carry with me to mark spots. Did a search on here and didn't see anything recent...anyone using one and have pro's or con's to going this route? Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

I have a older handheld lowrance gps,I really only use it to mark waypoints and it works good for that.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a Magellan 500 for a while until buying a sonar with GPS. It was slow to lock onto satellites but worked well. I would say that he newer handhelds work faster finding satellites. Garmin makes several good handheld GPS's look for one that has maps and will hold several waypoints and you will be good to go.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

bass pro has a good deal on a Garmin in the black Friday sale flyer.
    Fish like your hungry!

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dongotto View Post
    bass pro has a good deal on a Garmin in the black Friday sale flyer.
    Don did you get my PM?
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Go to bass boat central.com's forums, for sale and then electronics. I am sure you would find an upgrade to your current unit for the same money as a good handheld that can hold hundreds of way points.
    Remember, wind drift when marking locations and handheld could lock up or move slower putting up the mark by a variety of distance.
    You will benefit from the way point storage alone. I have over 1,700 way points and that takes storage capacity.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Several fancy ones out there and I have tried a few but kept going back to my ole Garman GPS76, just simple to use and had screens that I preferred. When you are playing with them, pay attention to the screen overlays and make sure all the important data you might need is on 1 screen. Biggest reason I kept going back to the 76.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still using old Garmins . The old etrex (yellow) or the Summit are simplest to use and can still be found used on EBAY. I have Humminbirds with gps built in but easier to carry cheap hand help Garmins .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm steal using a Garmin etrex legend, hadn't found one better yet, tried several of the newer ones but there not as accurate as the old etrex.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 10 year old Garmin Etrex Legend Cx, that I've used extensively over the years. Works great, simple to use, and not expensive. Works for me.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast