Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashville area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ashville area

I'll be in the Ashville area around Thanksgiving and was wanting to know if there is any good crappie fishing this time of year and should I drag my boat out ?

I'm set up to fish anyway need be, of course I don't have a east coast chip for my birds but just thought I would ask

as always thanks for your help and time

oh I'm staying at a cabin close to lake lure but traveling won't be a problem lol

Post Thanks / Like

Lake lure is a fantastic crappie fishing lake. The drawback (ain't there always a "but"?) is that there is an excessively high fee for the use of the lake. I'm not sure what the charge is now (something like $500), but you can find out on the lake lure website. There are a lot of wildfires in the Lake Lure area right now (just an FYI).
    Other than Lure, the Catawba chain of lakes are good. The farther downstream you go, the better the lakes become. You can catch some crappie(usually good fish) at James (try the Catawba arm), a few more (usually smaller fish) at Rhodhiss and Hickory and Wylie is great (for both numbers and size). James is just a few miles from Lure while Wylie is probably close to an hour and a half drive.
    There are other places that I'm nit familiar with, but other's will chime in with more info. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about Lake Norman. It's really good, too. Lot's of fish and some good sized one's. Probably closer than Wylie.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you SB, I was told lake lure was high access priced that's why I was looking elsewhere is there a lake map for Lure like a fishing hotpots map I didn't see one

I was out there the first of Oct for the wedding but had only two days and of course one was for the wedding, I will say this you all have some of the most beautiful country I've seen in many years

Post Thanks / Like

No maps that I know of.

Franklinton, North Carolina, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is like twenty forrest fires in that area and they may evacuate soon

Post Thanks / Like

You would not be too far from Fontana. Beautiful lake and decent fishing. The biggest obstacle in Fontana is getting deep enough to get to the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks roundman I saw that

NC I looked at Fontana, it looks like a nice lake, thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

all those lakes mentioned are deep and clear, makes for real tough crappie fishing, i wouldn't pull my boat form illinois to fish any lake in nc, if you are that hard up to catch a crappie drive another hour east over to my house by lake tillery in troy and i'll take you out for free and you can catch all you want, no hogs but you'll have a good time. if you are coming pm so we can line up a day, i get kinda busy around here this time of year
    Likes Conrod LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gobbler but as of now with the fire I'm not sure what's going to happen now but if something changes I'll let you know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast