PDA

View Full Version : SeaArk 170zx????????

slimeyslab
02-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Can anyone tell me some info on SeaArk boats? Are they reliable, built well? I currently own a Bass Cat Panterra II With a 175 merc. but I just had a surgery to repair a disk in my back and don't feel as though it will benefit me at all to keep such a fast boat. My buddy has a 1999 SeaArk 170zx w/ a 75 h.p. Force that I am considering for purchase. Does anyones know about these engines? I have been told they are know better than they where. Are they? Are these boats set up good for Crappie fishing? And last, what kind of price would be considered average for this boat? It is in great condition, he is the original owner, and has probably only had it in the water 10 or less times total. Thanks for your time and input. Also if anyone is looking for a real nice BassCat for a great price let me know. My email is Kellybcl@aol.com.

Eager Beaver
02-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Can anyone tell me some info on SeaArk boats? Are they reliable, built well? I currently own a Bass Cat Panterra II With a 175 merc. but I just had a surgery to repair a disk in my back and don't feel as though it will benefit me at all to keep such a fast boat. My buddy has a 1999 SeaArk 170zx w/ a 75 h.p. Force that I am considering for purchase. Does anyones know about these engines? I have been told they are know better than they where. Are they? Are these boats set up good for Crappie fishing? And last, what kind of price would be considered average for this boat? It is in great condition, he is the original owner, and has probably only had it in the water 10 or less times total. Thanks for your time and input. Also if anyone is looking for a real nice BassCat for a great price let me know. My email is Kellybcl@aol.com.

I have a 75 Force Motor on my boat, and like it very much. I never have had a problem, until last year, and a pin came loose in the carb, and it wouldn't run, but other than that, I have never had any problems. The only thing that bothers me is the amount of time this has been run. It all depends on how the motor was taken care of.

LIL' Joe
02-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Rango on the SC Board runs a SeaArk. Not sure what model.

J White
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I ran a 18' utility type SeaArk from '97 (new) till last year -
can't begin to tell you how many miles it went in rough water,
bouncing and slamming - never broke a weld. TOUGH! :D

paw paw perch
02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
SeaArk is an extremly wellbuilt boat. I've owned 3 of them and with semi-V hull they have a very stable and dry ride. The 20ft that I have now is .125 and is really solid. I've also owned a force motor 87 model that started and ran very well. They just don't have a good resale value so you should get a real deal on that rig. If the motor has sat for long periods of time I would at the least pull the the plugs and shoot some lube oil in each cylinder then turn the flywheel by hand till it lubes the cylinder walls. Good luck to ya paw paw perch

Big Crappie
02-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Fixing to sell mind more than likely in about 2 weeks. It has a 150 Merc. on it. They are very good and extremely durable boats.

RIGHT 1WEEZER!

saltyh20
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I have a sea ark and i like it alot i have a 60 johnson on it and it has done me well................ it a 18 footer

slimeyslab
02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
How about the price. What should I expect to pay?

1weezer
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I had a Sea-Ark ZX200 and used it for 7 years. GREAT boat! Could not ask for a better metal boat. Very well laid out. I would never own another Force engine. I had one and it was junk. But I could of just got a lemon. You will get one of those every now and then. But the sea-ark boats are great.
I also had back surgery and have gone to a glass boat because of it. A glass boat will give you a smoother ride most of the time.

KScrappie1
02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
I have a Sea Ark ZX180 with a 115 hp Johnson for sale. Sea Ark is a GREAT boat. I have a new Triton TA-196 that I compete in tournaments or otherwise I would keep the Sea Ark.

Bill Braswell
Team Keelshield

slimeyslab
02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
How much are you wanting for your zx180?

slimeyslab
02-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Would $5250.00 be considered a good price for a 1999 170zx/force 75 h.p. in good condition or is it high or low?

1weezer
02-20-2007, 10:15 PM
$5250.00 is pretty high for that boat and motor combo. If it had a different engine, it would be pretty close.

paw paw perch
02-21-2007, 07:00 AM
$5250.00 is pretty high for that boat and motor combo. If it had a different engine, it would be pretty close.
considering condition, the rig may be worth a little more than average, but you still have to take into account the value of the motor which is much lower than most any other on the market, but could give you good service none the less. Resale is what has to be considerd here.

frank lawhead
02-21-2007, 07:29 AM
GUYS I,VE HEARD A LOT OF TALK ABOUT FORCE OUTBOARDS --NEVER SEEN ONE--WHO MAKES IT FOR THEM ? ARE THEY REALLY THAT BAD ? :confused:

slimeyslab
02-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Has anyone else had any dealings with a Force outboard? Good or Bad? How much would be considered a good fair price for this boat?

england
02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
My partner just traded his bass tracker in for a 18 ' sea ark with a 90 merc. Nice boat, looks tough.

J White
02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
GUYS I,VE HEARD A LOT OF TALK ABOUT FORCE OUTBOARDS --NEVER SEEN ONE--WHO MAKES IT FOR THEM ? ARE THEY REALLY THAT BAD ? :confused:

I'm not real sure on this, but I think they were owned by the same folks
that make Mercury - but something is telling me they are descendants
of the old Chrysler motors???
There were a lot of them around here a few years ago, one thing I noticed
is they didn't offer some of the "niceities" like oil injection - had to mix in
the tank. But then again, I've known people who bought brand new Mercs
and Yammys and jerked off the injection and pre-mixed too - didn't trust it.
And I have to agree, resale is almost non-existant on them.
But what the heck - I always buy high and give stuff away - what's resale :D

Billbob
02-21-2007, 07:59 PM
merk ownes force they are made in a difernt place than the merk they are made where chrysier made them the same foundry bad castings was a problem!!!