Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do crappie spawn at night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do crappie spawn at night

thats the simple question that I dont have a answer too.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think so. It may be worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Spawn

Only with candle light dinner and soft music!::D

Post Thanks / Like

I know the moon has a lot to do with it. So I say they do. Me too.
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

At night? yes. In the morning? yes. Early afternoon? yes. But never at dusk.:D
    Steve Martin 1977

Couldn't resist. I am sure they do. depending on moon phase.

Jigster

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I know when bass are on bed/spawning you can hammer 'em fishing at night. I have caught a lot of crappie, bass fishing during the day but I havn't ever caught one fishing at night. Never really thought about that till now, but I wonder why?

On another note I tried fishing a black slider on a roadrunner for an hour after it got dark one night last spring and i never got a hit. I was catching them pretty steady in the same spot before I ran out of light. I have always figured that you could probably still catch them after dark by casting a jig with some action and just working shallow stuff that they were on. I just haven't experimented with it as much as I'd have liked to. With the time change earlier this year it could enable me to experiment a little more with it.

I enjoy bass fishing at night a lot with the less lake traffic, especially in the early spring. Sure would like to figure out how to catch the crappie like that without having to mess with lights and just casting and working a jig or roadrunner or something?
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

the first full moon in april that when its time to night fish

Post Thanks / Like

Flowers help set the mood. Maybe a bottle or two of a good cabernet.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say yes, one of my best memories of speck fishing is a full moon night in the pads of Lake Harris yanking in slabs at 10:30pm, no light needed, no wind, just pure joy.--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Last year the spawn on Oologah was about as strange as I had ever seen. I was catching fish at first light each day and they would disappear around 9:30 a.m. They seemed to be leaving the spawning beds and went to suspending over deeper water. This happend four days in a row. I started showing up earlier, pitch black, using nothing more than my black light to illuminate my line and bobbers. The fish were still knocking the heck out of it, but, they were stopping by 8:30 now. I ended up launching several days at 3 a.m. , would catch several fish, by the time 8 rolled around and it died, I would leave the lake. Most of the biggest slabs I have ever caught during the spawn was from midnight till 10 a.m. I think they spawn MORE at night personally.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast