Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with boat organization

Post Thanks / Like

Default help with boat organization

I am terrible at organizing. I have a nice size john boat....18 foot seaark. But with a decent amount of room I feel like it is a disorganized mess when all of mine and my fishing buddies stuff. Crap is everywhere..... What tips can y'all give me on how to organize all the stuff (rods, tackle boxes, minnow buckets, chairs, anchors, personal gear, food/drinks etc..........) where we could move, set-up easier.....

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a bigger boat so you can haul more junk. Works for me.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

almost need pictures of the inside of boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned long ago most fisherman carry to much crap. I no longer carry my big tackle box or 10 rods. Carry only what you need and store everything in a specific place. I just can't in a boat with a whole lot of crap all over the place.
    Likes captdave LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, best to organize and cut back on what you carry. Limit what your friends drag along. I have tackle boxes all over my garage. But once I decide where I'm going and what I am fishing for I have one small tackle bag with three plano boxes in it which are the selections for the day. Even on extended trips there maybe stuff in the truck or cabin but only the selections for the day bag in the boat. You don't need all your rods,reels,lures for crappie, bass, catfish, musky, stripers etc.in the boat all the time. Target a spicies for the day,work that hard and you'll catch more fish and trip over less junk in the boat!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you have to think outside the box to make something work. My old boat I had everything in deep 3700 boxes to store in hatch. New boat I have jig bodies in gallon bags inside a 2.5 gallon buckets under back deck.

Post Thanks / Like

Tip savers for sure.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I carry most all my stuff in a big collapsible duffel bag. When I need somtin', I go digging. I find all sorts of surprises inside the duffel when I go diggin'. I stow most essentials, like foot pedal, first aid kit, spare water, tool kit, etc inside the seat pods. If I need somethin, I go pod divin'. I have all sorts of room to lay stuff out when "divin".
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Is this an open boat, as-in no storage compartments?
    If so, I recommend gunwale mounts for cups, poles, sonar units, marker bouys, etc. Get that gear off the bottom of the boat.
    I prefer to put my tackle box, minnow bucket in the same place all the time. You learn to work around it over time.

Then, when you use something, put it back when done. For example; you tie on another jig, put the tackle box back in its place when your done tying the jig on. Everything has a place, and everything in its place.

Carry a trash can/bucket, use it and empty it at the end of the day.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What Hanr3 says...especially getting stuff off the floor...many rods broken that way.. Also want to reinforce what others said...decide what you need for a particular trip. I am notorious for wanting to take everything. Little things help also. For example, I consolidated my BG baits today. I had multiple partial bags. I was able to eliminate 11 bags. Also, depending on your boat configuration, you can get different size boxes for like items. Today, I picked up two Academy Sports ammo cans for 4.99/each. in my war eagle, I put tools in one and it fits nicely out of the way next to the gas tank. I put the BG baits in the other and it tucks nicely below the stored trolling motor. Just think out of the box (figuratively) and you be well-organized soon. Lastly, there is one place for PFD's...on yourself and fishing partners.
    Last edited by Spaceman; 11-14-2016 at 09:01 PM.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!
    Likes Zinger, "D" LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast