PDA

View Full Version : Day light savings time

fishingpox
02-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I heard was going to change this year on March 11th. I never marked my calender in April when it changed but, I thought it was first or second weekend in April. I don't know.
However, with it changing in March, I was wondering how much of a factor it would play for an earlier spawn. Just my dumb mind working on me again.:eek:

MAINEIAC
02-19-2007, 08:34 PM
2:00am March 11 it is.

Jerry Blake
02-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I heard was going to change this year on March 11th. I never marked my calender in April when it changed but, I thought it was first or second weekend in April. I don't know.
However, with it changing in March, I was wondering how much of a factor it would play for an earlier spawn. Just my dumb mind working on me again.:eek:

Hey Rusty:

We've decide not to even tell the crappie around here about the new Daylight Saving Time so we expect them to spawn about the same time as usual. :)

guest01
02-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I love it, more daylight after work to hit the water

fishingpox
02-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah Mr. Blake, I forgot nature has it's own clock. I guess I'm still suffering from getting of my medication.....:D I do appologize for my stewpidity..:eek:

SkeeterJeff
02-19-2007, 08:59 PM
FYI, the Microsoft operating systems are not aware of the change in DST. MS has a patch available to fix the issue, but it is not included in their automatic patches, since it only affects the US. You have to go to their site and select it.

Just FYI..

PanMan_VA
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
FYI, the Microsoft operating systems are not aware of the change in DST. MS has a patch available to fix the issue, but it is not included in their automatic patches, since it only affects the US. You have to go to their site and select it.

Just FYI..

Make sure you select the patch for the US and not the one from down under.

roybuoy
02-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Don't sweat the small stuff Rusty,lol

ShortStorie
02-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I've been waking up at 3:30 am lately... Going to daylight savings time should be easy this year! Will STILL be waking up early.

birddog
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Here is some insight from Microsoft about this issue. As I read it the fix will be pushed out in an update but it is your responsibility to run updates on your computer to get the fix.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone.mspx

badbrad
02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
You think your stewpid! This is the first that I've heard about the savings time moving up to March 11th. I guess I've been hibernating a little to much this winter.

Ranger690
02-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Man, this change in Daylight Savings time is going to ruin my method. Now everyone will fugure it out. For years now, I have been planning my trips according to the peak (best) fishing times from the Solunar tables. I get there one hour before peak, then I turn my watch forward one hour. Catch fish like heck! Then fish the real peak hour. Then set my clock back one hour, and repeat. That way I get three hours of awesome fishing and head on back home.:D

It might only work at my longitude.

Dayton

Crappie Chaser
02-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Usually the water temperatures tell crappie when to spawn, not the daylight. There should be no change in crappie behavior, however, the daylight savings time will change our behavior because that means more time for us to fish!!! :D

crappiefarmer
02-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Water temps and length of daylight per day. Seen fish spawn when water seemed too cold but they were right there doing what they were supposed to do. I don't know if it hurt hatch rates with the lower water temps? CF

mrwillis
02-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Someone needs to tell the crappie, however. That way we can catch them when they let their guard down when they come to the shallows to change their clocks.

tarheel
02-21-2007, 10:06 AM
I had somebody tell me yesterday how excited they were about daylight savings time being so early this year. They would now be able to get their garden going a month earlier..... ???? ..... Their next question was whether or not their fruit trees would bloom early this year because they were planted in previous years when daylight savings time wasn't early...........

I gotta find something to sell to these people.......

GRIZZ
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
HAHA - You gotta wonder about folks sometimes.

I had somebody tell me yesterday how excited they were about daylight savings time being so early this year. They would now be able to get their garden going a month earlier..... ???? ..... Their next question was whether or not their fruit trees would bloom early this year because they were planted in previous years when daylight savings time wasn't early...........

I gotta find something to sell to these people.......

Ranger690
02-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I have perfect product to sell them. I call it the EZ-Jump ! It is a car battery booster that will never leave you stranded. I take a pair of cheap (dollar store) jumper cables and two cheap (dollar store) cig. lighter plugs. Cut the cables in half, install a cig plug to each. So you end up with two clamps on one end and a cig plug on the other. How it works: If you need a jump and no one else is around, you pop the hood and attach the clamps, unroll cig lighter plug end and insert it firmly into the cig ligher/power port. Volla! The power port recharges the battery and away you go. They sell for $29.95 each. They sell well on ebay and at local flea markets.

Go ahead, patent it. I have already made enough money.

Dayton