Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Removable Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Removable Rod Holders

I have an 18' aluminum triton boat and do not want to drill holes in the boat to attach the rod holders as it is my dads boat and he is trying to sell it. looking to crank bait some crappie but was looking for something that will work for me. any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it have a gunnel rail slot down each side on the inside edge of the gunnel? If so, contact Scott Echols (Callshy is his screen name here)at HiTek. He has one that isn't shown on his web site that works great.

Home
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Check out driftmastercustom.com for some great products. You can call them and they are most helpful in recommending a set up that'll work for you

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Home Page and look at the bases he makes for aluminum boats that have a groove in the gunnell. I have several for my Duracraft and they work really well. On and off in a nifty. Jerry Hoover makes them to fit numerous boats, may want to call him if you don't see what you need. Good ole SC country boy.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

If it has a gunnel, then take a look at the DownEast portable rod holders. You will have to put wood or plastic shims under the clamping points, but these holder as great for drifting and/or trolling anything. I've used them for many, many years on many different style hulls with great success. They come in single and double clamp mounts:

Down-East Salty S-10 Rod Holder | Bass Pro Shops: The Best Hunting, Fishing, Camping & Outdoor Gear
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Extreme Fishing Concepts have bases that will work for your application. I just bought some for my bass boat and they work great. they have a top mount that will fit your rig.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to second the motion for the Hi-Tek holders. The Extreme model is as good as they get and Scott will make a no drill mount for any boat that I've ever heard of. And he's just plain easy to deal with. Never lost a rod out of them that wasn't knocked out by someone not paying attention. All strapped on my boat I can put out 19 rods, but I can't keep up with them all. Good product from a CDC member.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my opinion for what it's worth to you. If that boat is for sale I would not invest in anything I might not be able to use latter. If your planning on pulling cranks or long lining I would build a rack out of PVC. Get a 4 way T that will just slide over seat post. Then measure from T to side of boat. Get 4 T's and cut your pipe to have the T's spaced equidistant with outside T' being just inside gunnel. Set your angles of the T's then glue everything together. Add a piece of pipe to each T for a rod holder about 8 in long. Drill a hole in each open end of outside T hook a bunge to each end and find a place inside boat to hook up. This will keep it pretty steady. Then all you have to do is pull off and lay in floor or put in garage.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Adcarson79 LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What MRDUX says: I have a war eagle with a T-lock cap rail system... no holes. Scott Echols (HiTek) built several excellent products for me. First class!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Extreme Fishing Concepts is the only way to go. We have several models to choose from depending on your boat style. You can remove them and put them on a similar boat if you wish. We also have track bases (not on the website yet). Check us out or give us a call at 336-249-6782. We are also a board sponsor.