Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Bait Pump (HELP)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live Bait Pump (HELP)

I am tired of using the battery powered pumps to keep bait alive during the hot months here in Louisiana. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good 12 volt pump? I want to have it hard wired into my boat and plumb the air lines to my bait cooler. Thanks for any advise.
    If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time time to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Bubbles makes a good air pump I have one in my boat and it does a good job, lots of bubbles from it
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes lahotwood LIKED above post

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Power Bubbles by Marine Metal Products. It is 12 volts and I have it hard wired in my boat and it works great. Available from Grizzly Jigs and BPS and Academy Sports and other places.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes lahotwood, yikess LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes lahotwood, short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Timer

[QUOTE=scrat;3308850]

I just installed one of these on my boat. I have it set up so I can run one line to my minnow bucket if needed or both in the live well. Friend of mine put one in his Bass boat and it will keep herring alive for hours when we are Striper fishing.

Name:  Photo0199.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  37.1 KB
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes mac crappie, scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I throw in a vote for the power bubbles also. On another note, the pump that came with my engle is battery or 12v. Can plug right up to the outlet on my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I made my own D cell battery eliminator. Several members here have built this eliminator. Works just fine and portable too. cost about 3-4 dolla to build and no install to fool with except maybe a 12v power outlet if U so inclined.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...0=#post3073718
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes lahotwood, rebranger, flycaster LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bought one of these T-H Marine 12V PRO-AIR Livewell Aeration System w/Air Stone THM-PAS1DP

Got it off Ebay for $32. and shipping. Hope to get it mounted this coming week. I also have a 110 volt pump, that I Used in the 50 gallon aquarium in the house. It will keep minnows alive for a long time. Its plugged in and making bubbles in the boat now. Been running for the last 4 weeks. As I buy minnows and keep them alive in the big livewell in the Lund.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info guys. I purchased one of the Engal coolers for the 12 volt pump also, I used it 3 times and it quit working. Like the cooler, Hate the pump. I even emailed company about the pump failure, did not even receive a reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I made my own D cell battery eliminator. Several members here have built this eliminator. Works just fine and portable too. cost about 3-4 dolla to build and no install to fool with except maybe a 12v power outlet if U so inclined.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...0=#post3073718
    Thanks for the info. I will get one of these built and use for now. Then I can wire one into the boat later.
    If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time time to fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast