Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville, this afternoon......................................... ......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville, this afternoon......................................... ......

Well needed minnows, went to Burton's and they were closed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11:00 a.m., So, headed to Camp branch marina for some, those have to be the smallest minnows I have ever seen ! 1-1.5 inch, maybe 2 (?) Ridiculous ! Any way , from Shady Hollow to main lake brush piles, nothing. Got tired of using minnows, 3 dozen for nothing. Went back to ole stand by, 1/4 oz jig and and some Bobby Garland's color did not matter, Crappie Nibble DID, HOWEVER, NO NIBBLE, ( CRAPPIE NIBBLES ), no bite. They preferred the chartreuse color this afternoon, would not hit the pink ones. Went three days ago and only got 3 keepers on jigs. Went today and came home with 7 eaters, 9.5 -11. They were hammering the jigs 15 fow to 21 fow, one or two cranks up off of bottom and hold it still. Had to come home early, the starter on the motor shot craps, had to troll from W highway back to Camp branch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE, 2 hours and 10 minutes, thank goodness the batteries were fully charged !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Name:  20161103_204832.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  18.2 KB
    Likes sooners08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice !!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. That 2 hour troll is a long time, been there done that.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. Sucks about the starter, but I'll take troller over a paddle any day. I went out Tuesday pulled cranks caught 4 nice keepers, shot the docks at Camp Branch, about every other cast a 7" crappie nothing bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice reports That was a long way to troll.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang I would of been hitch hiking..nice versatility on figuring them out
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Like LSL says done did that, hope your fixed soon.