HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oxbow/Ct. River; 11/2/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oxbow/Ct. River; 11/2/16

Walt & I launched around 8:30 am this morning. You just cannot pass up a nice day like today without wetting a line. The air started out at a brisk 43 degrees, with the water at 45 degrees. The air quickly warmed up to near 70 by noon.

Breeze was almost non-existent until about 11 am when it started to pick up to about 5 mph. Plenty of sun too, which warmed things up nicely. We fished the entire back main basin, the marina cove and the water between the mouth of the 'bow all the way up to Rt. 91 N. We cast light jigs (straight tails proved most productive) and Roadrunners. We did some trolling, but not a lot, which proved totally unproductive.

When we pulled off around 2 pm, we had caught & released 20 fish total for the day. Some white & yellow perch, only one crappie (!) and a couple of large dace (pond suckers). The fish were not large, but a lot of fun! The big yellows haven't started to come into the 'bow on their winter feeding binge yet. I'm hoping they get it in gear soon. Ice up won't be that much longer I'm afraid. Not sure what the hold up is on this seasonal migration?

Anyway, here's a few pictures from today:

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  85.0 KB

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  Walt_2.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  108.5 KB

Name:  Rich_2.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  Walt_3.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  132.3 KB

Name:  Rich_3.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  Walt_4.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  124.9 KB

Name:  Rich_4.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  142.1 KB
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes crappiebob LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys were able to take advantage of the nice day. Nice looking perch, too.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'