Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice Report 2-19

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Report 2-19

Hit Blackwell in dupage Illinois again today. Started fishing around 9:30am set up on the backside of the lake. Friend got a quick strike but no fish. I then picked up the first fish around 9:50 and it died after that. The bite then picked up around 11ish and picked up 2 gills one of them being a nicer sized one. Ended up keeping the nicer size one. Bite then died off and we decided to head over to the other lake. Set up in front of the water intake and picked up a bass and a gill. That bite died off right away. Stayed for another hour and couldnt get a hit so we decided to pack it up.
    Biggest gill of the day

First bass through the ice

Here is my gear

Post Thanks / Like

You did good. Can't catch em if ya don't go, some days are better than others. You be careful at ice-out. My 2nd cousin went thru on a 4 wheeler in Minnesota, if by luck it wasn't right underneath where he went thru to stand on and the water was no deeper he woulda went to the Big Adios. As it was he was life-flighted to Souix Falls, SD and made it. You look plenty wise enuf to know your business but just be careful.
    Good report.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the pics. Ya still got out and caught some fish, That makes a good day. Keep it up...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

nice pics, glad to see some fish on the ice, looks like fun. I like that you are packing light too. One thing that I can't do. I bring even the kitchen sink with me when I go out on the ice. :D Now, get out there and show us some more and keep the pictures coming. BTW, how much ice were you guys on? we are on around 12"-15" around here, with some warming weather coming, one can only hope that spring is near and we all can get back out there on the open water soon. But till then, keep the icefishing pictures coming. WTG
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have about 12inches of ice with mabye 2 inches of slush on top. I hope to get out a few more times before ice out. Then its on the chasing the crappies and bass, and the trout and salmon on Lake Michigan.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics. Some days will be better than others. I set up tip-ups most of the time, but on days that the fish are slow...I will tear them down and jig-n-move.

Try a #2 size Sweedish Pimple (gold). Put two wax worms on the trebble hooks and jig them about a foot off the bottom. Drill two or three holes in a spot and jig each one for about five minutes. Pick up and move from spot to spot until you catch fish. Many times you will only catch one or two panfish per hole before it goes dead. Keep moving!

Good luck the rest of the season!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
    Nice pics. Some days will be better than others. I set up tip-ups most of the time, but on days that the fish are slow...I will tear them down and jig-n-move.

Try a #2 size Sweedish Pimple (gold). Put two wax worms on the trebble hooks and jig them about a foot off the bottom. Drill two or three holes in a spot and jig each one for about five minutes. Pick up and move from spot to spot until you catch fish. Many times you will only catch one or two panfish per hole before it goes dead. Keep moving!

Good luck the rest of the season!

Runnin&gunnin is a great way to get fish like Buckmark say's