Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Claw Stick Guards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle Claw Stick Guards

Does anyone have any weed guards for crappie jigs made by Eagle Claw called Stick Guards that they would sale?I haven't been able to find them around OKC.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Wade at grizzly jig.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Papascruggs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly jig carries them for sure.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Papa .... didn't Swollencrappie make good on his offer to send you several pks (last month)??

Personally, I don't like them. I tried them & found they didn't seem to last more than a couple of fish, before they were torn so badly that they couldn't continue to be used. Plus the fact that they tended to "sag" between the jig eye & hook point when being dragged over a limb, causing them to be virtually useless as a "snagless" guard.

Since those days, I've gone to using custom made weedless jigheads ... and I haven't looked back !!
    Likes Papascruggs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

He is suppose to be sending me some today! I am going to try them and see if they will work for now! Eventually I will probably go with something different Thanks for info!

Post Thanks / Like

I know Bass Pro shops carry some guards. I have never used them but I did not to crappie seminar in which one of the pro anglers swore by them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Papa .... didn't Swollencrappie make good on his offer to send you several pks (last month)??

Personally, I don't like them. I tried them & found they didn't seem to last more than a couple of fish, before they were torn so badly that they couldn't continue to be used. Plus the fact that they tended to "sag" between the jig eye & hook point when being dragged over a limb, causing them to be virtually useless as a "snagless" guard.

Since those days, I've gone to using custom made weedless jigheads ... and I haven't looked back !!
    Crappie Pappy- I'd like more information on your custom weed guards. Can you point me to a link, or PM some info?
    Thanks.
    Hanr3
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    Crappie Pappy- I'd like more information on your custom weed guards. Can you point me to a link, or PM some info?
    Thanks.
    Hanr3
    It's no big secret, Hanr3 ... I have my 1/32 & 1/16oz weedless jigs made by Grousefly. I have them made with a #2 Aberdeen hook & with both the fiber brush style guard and the Y shaped guard (which is my favorite). They look like this :

Except the latest batch I ordered had the clear Y-guard, and not the black one like in the picture.

You can see the Y-guard jighead better in this picture (top right of center) of the different variations of weedless jigheads that Grousefly makes.

Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I like that Y-guard. Looks pretty stout and effective.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast