Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cataract Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cataract Today

Friend and I fished just after 2:00 until dark.
    Managed 150+ fish, all on jigs.
    About 20 keepers.
    Water temps still warm - mid 60s.
    Lake being pulled down; about 2' low right now and a little stained.
    Traffic was light.

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Thinking about going up there Thursday depends on the bucks. If they decide to chase or not.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Cecil View Post
    Good report. Thinking about going up there Thursday depends on the bucks. If they decide to chase or not.
    Slight change in the weather Thurs from all this hot weather next 2 days. Deer will move in a cool down and chance of light rain. Bucks running together still in Lawrence and Martin Co and little ones are not even chasing here yet. I am thinking another week all hell is going to break loose closer to the full moon. Good luck Frank on the deer as I am finding most activity in the massive oak mast we have this year as ours don't have to hit the fields for food.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sounds like a fun day T9!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehyd View Post
    Man that sounds like a fun day T9!
    Was a good time! Buddy went back there yesterday with a few other friends pulling 2 boats and only managed 4 keepers between them all, but plenty of shorts, so it is still hit or miss out there day to day. Think the cold front got to 'em.

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Slight change in the weather Thurs from all this hot weather next 2 days. Deer will move in a cool down and chance of light rain. Bucks running together still in Lawrence and Martin Co and little ones are not even chasing here yet. I am thinking another week all hell is going to break loose closer to the full moon. Good luck Frank on the deer as I am finding most activity in the massive oak mast we have this year as ours don't have to hit the fields for food.
    Thank you. that is the problem here also. I killed a doe 3 weeks ago. seems like is all I have been seeing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a friend text me he finally saw a big boy chasing a doe finally in Monroe Co. Maybe it's finally going to start. The timing is right even tho we are to maybe set a heat record today. I have had 6 big ones running around my house at nite for past 3 months, but haven't seen them lately as they are now staying in the oak thickets and time for me to hit the stands when I get the time. Rub lines are getting heavy and lots more scraping happening too. Another friend of mine bow hunting on Crane, rattled in couple of 20" spreads, this week and let them pass as he is occasionally seeing larger racked bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

cevans,
    Good information. I hope that this weekend thy really step it up. Planning on using the decoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about hijacking thread, lol. This will set you on fire. Friend just aced a monster 3 miles from house. Sunday a friends 17 yr old son, aced a 12 pointer that will measure at around 170's. Will go look at the first one as I saw pics of the 12 that was wacked 2 miles from house. It's time to hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Rut is on big time over weekend. Buddy of mine saw 7 diff. Bucks chasing does by 10:30 am on Sun. Couple other guys are seeing them chase in central and western Indiana. Good luck hunting.