Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Home water was slow today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home water was slow today

Yesterday was a "work around the homestead" day but I took a jaunt to the home water pond for one last trip this year. Air temps around 60 so couldn't pass it up. No partners able to join me today so I had the place to myself. I believe the pond is turning over and may have been why I had so little action today; I only managed one fish, a nice one of about 13" from a nice school that showed up on the HB.

Name:  IMG_0559.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  57.1 KB

I had fish on the screen most of the day all throughout the water but no groups worth anchoring and working over. I covered the entire pond trolling the whole time and looking for structure for next year's trips.

There was no thermocline that I could see, surface water temperature was about 49 degrees and lots of electronic clutter in the water column in both the SI and standard sonar views.

Hey, I have to blame my poor performance on something, right?

I had a good time anyway and even made it home before the rain showers came in.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes crappiebob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice crappie & report. Going out today to give it a whirl. Been cold, but today looks decent, with temps in the upper 60's. I won't be putting the boat away until Thanksgiving (or later), depending on the weather and if hard water starts to form.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'