Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency jigging 101 cram

Post Thanks / Like

Default Emergency jigging 101 cram

Ok so I'm fishing tomorrow with my boss, he is an artificial jig fishing fanatic and kicked my butt all over the last time I went with him. I use Minnows and that's all. His boat, his rules , no minnows, no nibbles, no scent. Last time out with him he caught 27 I caught 3. No joke, and it was exceedingly embarrassing.
    Conditions are clear water, crappie at 11-12 ft, and go.
    Help me baby Jesus!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-29-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great learning opportunity. I would soak it in and learn his techniques. Nothing wrong with being a grasshopper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Likes slackline, DaveB40 LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

And dig in his tackle box when he isn't looking!! LOL Good luck.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes crp4570 LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

IT is better to keep your job than to lose it by kicking his butt fishing. Just do what he does and I believe he just might share some tips and techniques on life as well as fishing.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes crp4570 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Try to copy his presentation technique down to a knat's behind! Is he "counting down" his jigs before starting the retrieve? How fast is he reeling in? Does he jig his rod tip during the retrieve. What color/style bait is he using. Copy everything. Good Luck!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes shipahoy41, chaunc LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe fishing should be fun. Catching is never guaranteed. I just enjoy being on the water. Sounds like a great opportunity for sound fellowship, and learn some new techniques.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar experience when I started Crappie fishing with a friend who only used jigs. I did OK when we trolled(only one rod back then, held in your hand.) But casting to docks and piers he killed me.
    The two hardest things I had to learn was to reel really slow and watch the line. 2/3 of the hits I had retrieving the jig I never felt a thing, but the line sagged just a hair. I felt silly setting the hook on nothing, but more times than not a crappie had picked up the jig and was swimming with it and the line twitched ever so slightly.
    I fish now with a friend who just kills me single pole jigging over brush and I know it is because I am missing the strikes.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes shipahoy41, cropiegetter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished with a fellow a couple of times that puts it on me everytime. While it was embarrassing at first, I learned much from him. I also stopped taking it as a defeat, because I just know there is no way I am as good as he is. I am ok with that, especially since every time I have fished with him I felt as if I improved and I know a learned some things. Soak it in. You will be a better fisherman as a result in the long run.
    Likes NIMROD, shipahoy41, blueball, crp4570 LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

SIcrappie are you casting or verticle jigging ? Does he put you on the cover or fish it out before you reach it ? Makes a big difference when you have someone wanting you to catch fish or just trying to catch them all .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes Redge, slackline, blueball, river scum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You are only as good a your competition. I would rather fish with someone who is better than me those but wiping make you better. Like the great foghorn leghorn said pay attention boy. Just try to learn for someone how is a better fishermen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast