Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Misc. fishing reports

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Misc. fishing reports

2 diff. boats with friends of mine have been hammering Brookville catching lots of crappies and keeping limits of 9" to 11" in fish. Also they are boating 20 plus walleyes keeping limits no larger than 4 lbs big, but nice eaters. This last Sat. 2 friends of mine bass fished Turtle Creek using spinner baits. They caught 30 bass in 5 hrs with most between 2 lbs to the 2 largest tipping 4 lbs. I also read where our illustrious DNR just built Catfish fish attractors in Saddle Lake at Tell City. Fish on!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    2 diff. boats with friends of mine have been hammering Brookville catching lots of crappies and keeping limits of 9" to 11" in fish. Also they are boating 20 plus walleyes keeping limits no larger than 4 lbs big, but nice eaters. This last Sat. 2 friends of mine bass fished Turtle Creek using spinner baits. They caught 30 bass in 5 hrs with most between 2 lbs to the 2 largest tipping 4 lbs. I also read where our illustrious DNR just built Catfish fish attractors in Saddle Lake at Tell City. Fish on!
    now that's what I'm talking about !
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that used to fish Turtle Creek Res., it used to have huge massive bays of weedbeds choking half the lake and now there's hardly any weeds in it and you now have the entire lake to fish as the power company has kept it cleaned up. Just remember it's a shallow lake and when the wind picks up it can get dicy and wicked also. I have heard that they are considering restocking with crappies. I sure hope so as it used to have huge crappies a few years ago.

Likes wannabe fisherman, funfishers LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good deal for you guys. what is a catfish attractor? are there pictures of them on the net? or are they just spawning boxes? they killed the weeds with chemicals, i assume?

great catches, keep it up down there.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the State was building them out of wood slat type box with ends open and a rock on top to keep them weighted down. I didn't see in the article anywhere they were killing weeds or anything like that either.

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Creek crappie fishing is a waste. What few you may catch are nice but very low numbers. Lot of catfish and bass are getting better on the right days. Winds over 20 mph shut down the lake even if you are on it. Security sounds a siren calling boats back to the ramp. Smart boaters who know this lake won't go out in those conditions. Lake is now closed to fisherman for early bird hunting. Opens briefly then closes again until season is over or management opens it.