Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another fine day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another fine day!

Hit the road this morning for my favorite crappie hole. Arrived and started fishing at 7:30 a.m. It was a great day. I had over 60 keeper crappie....meaning 10 inches minimum length. The pics are my bigger fish. This spot usually produces much bigger fish....or at least all the fish will be close to the 12 inch mark with many going 13-15 inches. But so far this year that is not the case. It could be an off year for the spot or they have not showed up yet. The water temps were 68 degrees upon arrival but had climbed back to 71 degrees by 1:00 p.m. All my fish caught at a depth of 10-13 feet over 21 feet of water....using a very slow retrieve with a slight twitching motion. The fish are still holding tight to cover....in this case a rock wall. I used a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/32 ounce Crappie Magnet jig head with the #6 hook. The collar on the jig head makes the split tail open up and crappie seem to really like it that way. The rod today was the Major Craft FineTail Banshee Area Trout rod 6' 7". That rod is fast becoming a favorite of mine....just a great action for casting to crappie The line used was 2# test SOS. It was a great day to be sitting on the river bank.......great weather....barely any wind.......beautiful fall colors on the trees in the distance. Have to stay around the house next two days but hope to hit it again Friday. Life is good!

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

great job
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You're making me jealous. Only fish I've seen lately is at the fish counter at the market.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Another fine day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on quantity and quality. Those fish look like they are eating well.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

You have done it again Alpha I'm impressed. I just built a new garage and am now waiting on the power company to inspect. Soon as that's taken care of its fishing time,been too long in this moving to new place. Brought the boat home yesterday and prepared reels with new line I'm ready.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast