Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: C&C vs bottom weight

Post Thanks / Like

Default C&C vs bottom weight

I know Caps and Coleman have perfected the crappie rigs but what is the advantage of the weight wrapped between the baits than on the bottom with the bottom bait tied 6" or so above.?It seems it would be easier to change the weight with a snap on it than cutting and untying it or changing the rig to one with a different weight.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Both rigs work. I have some Capps rigs, but that just cause I won a raffle. I usually git the rigs at Grizzly Jigs, the ones on a cardboard skinny toilet paper roll. They cheep and work, but they hard to pull loose from a hang up.
    I tie my own rigs with the weight on the bottam. Change weights with the snap on bottom. There are lots of ways to double rig.

I like double minner rigs period. I usually only use them when I fish by myself. But not always.

Nutin better than a double, except a triple.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Semo, Cardsfan55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deltarat View Post
    I know Caps and Coleman have perfected the crappie rigs but what is the advantage of the weight wrapped between the baits than on the bottom with the bottom bait tied 6" or so above.?It seems it would be easier to change the weight with a snap on it than cutting and untying it or changing the rig to one with a different weight.
    Who perfected?!?! Grizzly has been selling double minnow rigs for as long as I can remember. I don't tie them on, I use a clip and if I decide to change rig size I just unclip and change it. I have a old box of them I got from my grandpa that's at least 15 years old. They are way cheaper ($29 for 3doz) and have Aberdeen hooks that bend instead of break when you hang up.
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post