Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: go go minnow

Post Thanks / Like

Default go go minnow

I am by no means trying to push someones product here but the last couple days I have tried a new to me soft plastic curly tail grub put out by fle fly called the go go minnow and am really excited about their fish catching ability. have only used the smaller size in the firecracker color so far and only in a couple farm ponds so far but they work better than a lot of the other grubs I have tried due I think to some design differences. the tail turns violently in comparison to others and the plastic is very soft, and the tail will turn at very slow speed. have any of you all experience with these grubs? the body is shaped like a small minnow and the tail is molded horizontally to the body, the firecracker color is a flat out panfish catching color, it is silver shad on the bottom and clear on top with red and blue fine flake sparingly mixed in, in clear water that color really works on an unpainted head.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite curly tail by far!

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

very similar to the "swimmin minnow" made by a company here in Missouri. They offered it in "firecracker" color. It was a real sleeper bait...not everyone knew about it but here in the Ozarks people were killing fish with it. One of those lures you had to beat the fish off it some days.I did best on a color they called black comet.Always fished it with a 1/16 oz plain lead head made by fin-s-fish called the lunker grip.It has a serrated lead shank that held the body firm without tearing it.Always tipped it with a nibble. There was a period of about three years that it was so hot I really did not care if I had anything else. Would ease down a spawning bank in the spring and catch bluegill,bass,redear,crappie with equal ease. I still use it but just not as hot as it use to be for me.

Post Thanks / Like

thank ya'll for the comments! I went fishing today and tried it at another pond but the crappies would not touch anything moving, it had to be a 1/64 garland itty bit swim'r with a nibble and a tiny float. I do feel like it will become my go to curly tail, although it is a little tough to get it on the jig perfectly straight due to the narrow profile of the body.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried it on crappie yet but it is a killer bait for white bass.

Post Thanks / Like

great BAITS .....KABOOM TO FLE FLY ......try the pearl white version or the clear chart ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

thanks to ya'll for the responses!

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a few and some of the crappie kickers as well. Hopefully I have some success with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they had more color choices.
    Likes Josh_Allraw LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I made another order last nite that included some of their jigheads with the 45 degree hook, unpainted 1/16, they were out of the 1/8. I would like more colors too, a key lime pie color would be great.