Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake conditions - Hueston Woods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake conditions - Hueston Woods

With all this flooding, we decided to take a drive to Hueston Woods and see how bad things were. Well, from the debris line, it was pretty bad - maybe as bad as that summer flood we had a couple of years ago. At least the Loop Road has reopened at Four Mile Creek (it was closed 12/31) and the ramp is no longer under water.. The water level is currently an estimated 1 1/2 feet above what we usually have in late spring/early summer.

A dock has beached down at Sugar Camp and somebody's duck blind has washed ashore on the point just south of the beach, but we mostly saw lots of small stuff. Doug retrieved a Thill bobber that was in good shape. The winter has been mild enough for the most part that we still saw green weeds along the shoreline at Sugar Camp.

We're thinking the first place we'll hit when the weather warms a little is the creek below the dam. We suspect a fair number of fish were probably washed over the spillway. The creek is still very high. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roberta.
    I was thinking sort of the same thing with HW, and with CC! I thought it might be sort of fun to work a smaller body of water till things get back to normal. Although, if things ice up - I'm still ready to head up to Lake Lorame to ice fish up there!
    Cya! Rick
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.