Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eagle Elite 502c...and hot spot maps...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle Elite 502c...and hot spot maps...

Tried to see what the hot spot maps looked like on my Eagle today..(sitting in the driveway)...and could not get it to come up. I went to Browse files...and saw the file...but how do i get the maps to come up on the screen?

Any help will be GREAT!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It loads as soon as you power up the unit. You do not have to browse for it,
    It will actually overlay the info on the map. Use the arrow keys and move to the closest lake, you should now be able to see the contour lines on the map. This only if the lake is on the map. Not all the lakes are loaded on the card. How do you like the unit? I have one but have never been real impressed with it. I can sit in 10' of water and if anything floats by the unit will start reading 500'. I do like the GPS though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 502c

Have the same unit--I feel the unit is awsom,great resolution,just dont have maps---need to purchase,planning on getting the card 23rd.That is if demo showes worth while.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

I like the unit, it works for what I need it for...The color display is GREAT
    Thats what i thought..that it should load itself..but when i turn on the unit, with the card in..it dosent show the maps. I just didnt know if there was a setting I needed to turn on..for it to show the maps.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to go to your files and make sure that your unit is reading the Lowrance map. When a unit is new sometimes they will read the background map or the demo map. When the file comes up push enter and Lowrance will be highlighted and then push enter and that is the map that it will read.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the unit for a season...but this is the first hot spot map..I have tried to view. Only place I saw that showed me the file, that was on the card. was a place that only offered DELETE...or format. I didnt do anything, but got out of that..lol
    Is that the place your talking about I need to go, and get it to read it?
    I am going to play with it again this friday..getting ready to take a trip to KY Lake first of march, and wanted to know how to use it before I got there.

Carl401 Guest

Call Linda Colt @ Lowrance. 1-800-324-1356 Ext 8747. She'll walk you thru it. Good gal and knows all about the Eagle and Lowrance units.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...I will do that...Thanks to everyone who has offered there help.