Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The blues ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default The blues ....

A decent cold front passed thru and the wind blew like mad yesterday and the fish still bit off the bank if you could cast in that kind of wind . So I told myself the wind might just lay down right nicely the next day maybe . Well sure enough a bluebird day it was and the wind went to almost zero . The most beautiful day I have seen in a long time . I got off work 2 hours early and called every soul I know to go and they were all not available .
    Well at first it wasn't much and boaters and bankers are asking me questions about the bite . I had no answers because at first there was no bite ! But as yawl know by now I am sure, fish aint safe if I am about and I slowly figured out the program . There wasn't any program was the deal . They were doing everything different at every stop . Some wouldn't touch a bait , other would chase it down like a tuna , some would sit down on it right easy , some would thump quite hard and yet others would slack line me on the drop . There was a large amount of Mohawk crappie at one stop as well ...I found that rather interesting and them lil rascals sure pull hard ....
    I did the Bee thing as well and blew me out a wheel bearing just for good measure . One can never have the perfect day it seems .
    So in the end YES it was bluebird of a day and YES it gave me the blues to see my wheel bearing when I got to the ramp . But even with the blues it gave me to see it , I launched that puppy and went and blew out a few lips .....then went for it and limped my broken baby home .
    most of the cooperative fish were in around 10 foot of water and 2 bass did kinda mess it up for a straight crappie visit , but that was the extent of the things that didn't go well ....
    So in closing this post the ss minnow is down for a bit till I feel like fixin her and the fish were released to swim on ..
    hope you enjoy the photos and read .....and have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch! Tough news for the bearing.

Post Thanks / Like

AND the good news is a bud lets me have a few free boat rides till I get motivated to fix it ....LOL
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice report and some dandy crappie there.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."