Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever have a day like this?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever have a day like this?

Went to lake today. Water was up 1-1/2 feet from last Saturday, water was stained, and wind was up. Thought I would give it a try anyway. By the time I got the boat ready, the wind had come up more and the lake was really "white capping". The wind took off with the boat cover and it ended up in neighbors yard in their flowers. Oh sheet! Well, I was gathering the cover up, and out comes their house dog (one of them little bulldogs that their face looks like their ass). It ran up and bit the crap out of me right above the shoe on tle ankle. Naturally, I kicked the crap out of the little turd and it started yelping. Needless to say, this brought out the lady of the house. Boy was I getting a cussing about that damn dog (didn't bother her that I was bleeding like a stuck hog). The he (wuss) finally stepped outside and saw the blood. Boy did things change then. Suck ass!! Offered to pay doctor. Helped me with the boat cover. He got nice and so did she. Couldn't do enough for me. Great neighbors!

Just to share my day!!!

p.s.
    NO FISH (now this really sucked)
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default I can't help it

I would not wish that on anyone. Well maybe one or two people. Nothing funny about that but, for some reason I can't keep from laughing :D I think it's just the way you told the story. If that dog would have drawn blood on me. I would have takin the next step after the stompin. Have a few beers cane pole things will get better
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

And the minute you kick my dog when you are in MY yard, you get to meet Mr. Mossberg. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Now Now Now! The dog is lucky that it's not been put to sleep by now. Any dog that bites a human needs to be put in quaranteen by the heath dept. Cane Pole I hope that dog has it's rabies shots up to date. You better report this to you doctor and the heath dept asap for your own safety. A dog bite or a cat bite is nothing to sneeze at mate. Just saw a teenage girl who is undergoing rehab right now after she got bite by a rabit bat and didn't tell anyone until she was paralyzed. She lived without getting the rabies shots but she is one of the few to survive rabies. If you saw here struggling to walk on the news (TV SHOW) the other night you would head straight to the Dr or ER.

Hope all works out for you and the dog has all his shots up to date.
    Last edited by Moose1am; 01-15-2005 at 08:43 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

would love to have the dvd on that. LMAO sorry. Hope your ankle heals quickly.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

My day went great until I was in wal-mart to pick up some small rattle traps. Over the speaker I hear"would the owner of the white peanut truck please report to your vehicle. It has been in an accident". ???????????? Been in an accident. What was my step van doing while I shopped, cruising for mini vans? I guess I left it in neutral. It had eased into the little green car in front of it. Needed some sugar I guess. Put a 1/2" x 1/4" in of paint on the bumper.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've had, "one of those days" once.

A couple of years back I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I absolutly hate the dentist office.

I walked out of the office to get into the truck (in pain) and realized I'd locked my keys in the truck.

I threw up my hands and looked to the sky and said, "what's next!" A bird hit me square between the eyes with a load.

Couldn't do anything but laugh and went home and got back in bed.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default funny thing

It's funny how some folks can see hundreds of thousands of people dead on the evening news with children starving to death by the thousands and not flinch a muscle, but you show one dog stuck in a sewer drain or one kitten lodged in a tight hole with the fire department cutting them out and they go all to pieces. People are very weird to me. Very weird.

Post Thanks / Like

any dog that bites me can lift his tail, reach around and kiss his ass good bye cause hes fixing to meet his maker.. cane pole, file a claim against that guys insurance company for the bite.. you might be suprised at what they will offer you to make you happy again. 32 years as a mail man and i got plenty of dog bites.. years ago it used to be considered a job hazard. Its not like that any more. they will hold the home owner liable for any and all costs incurred by a mailman for a dog bite. the biggest settlement i got for a dog bite was allmost three thousand dollars. you got a biter,, thats all right with me. your insurance premiums gonna go up when i get done with you.. no excuse for a person to own a biting dog.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default All Cane Pole had to do...

...is go knock on the neighbor's door, tell them his boat cover was in their yard and ask them to retrive it for him.
    I know all about dog bites and dog liability. I showed dogs for over 25 years and have been bitten a few times - the last time while breaking up a fight in the kennel.

One reason I won't allow anyone's rug rat in here is because I have had a number of dogs teased unmercifiully by brats and if the dog retaliates, I'm sued.

Again, common sense says that you should ask permission before entering someone else's yard. Why should they be put in a position of liability because of someone else's stupidity?

BTW - anyone who fishes should keep their tetanus innoculation up to date anyway and that will take care of the largest threat from a dog bite. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast