Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

Hey Ed,

Thanks for putting up an Arkansas board. Sure hope we can get some good threads going about crappie fishing in Arkansas.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Morning, Jerry......I spent 14 years in Carlisle, AR and found some of the best crappie fishing I've ever had. If you've never fished Nimrod and Blue Mountain Lakes, (s.w. of Russelville) it's a must try. The White river oxbows and flood lakes are a good choice too. I fully intend to go back and visit each one again. A beautiful state......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Morning, Jerry......I spent 14 years in Carlisle, AR and found some of the best crappie fishing I've ever had. If you've never fished Nimrod and Blue Mountain Lakes, (s.w. of Russelville) it's a must try. The White river oxbows and flood lakes are a good choice too. I fully intend to go back and visit each one again. A beautiful state......
    I've been to Nimrod and Blue Mountain but they are a bit too far to get to regularly. Ouachita, Hamilton, Catherine, Greeson and Degray are all within 20 to 40 minutes away.

Next time you're in the area come yank up a few with me or at least give me a shout and I'll let you know where we're catching them.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry Blake; 06-03-2004 at 09:07 PM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, Jerry. It may be some time before I'm free to run and gun, but I will be back to Arkansas when I can, and I will be sure to let you know when. I've fished Ouachita, Degray, Peckerwood, (yeah, strange name, close to Stuttgart) in addition to the lakes I mentioned in my first post. I enjoyed all of them. Thanks for the invite, good luck and good fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Sending a message out to Jerry Blake. I have been looking at your pics on your website for some time and decided to send off for a Hot Springs brochure. Well, i got it yesterday and i have to say, it looks like you have your own little piece of heaven over there. I am headed to Daytona sunday for some sun and fun and then i have another week off in july and was looking for somewhere different to go. I will tell you i have now added Hot Springs to my top three finalists. I crappie fish all the time here in Tennessee. I tell everyone that all i fish for is crappie and the look at me kinda funny, but thats ok also. I went yesterday with my wife and caught them off the very end of a large sunken maple tree in about 13 feet of water with minnows. Once i established the right depth with my 12 footer, i never touched the reel again. I just wanted to let you know that you sure live in a pretty town. I went to Searcy in the summer of 84 for a week for a Farm Bureau sponsored trip, but haven't been in the state since. Hopefully that will change soon. Jerry keep up the good work and thanks for letting me drop this line . Take care. From manchester tennessee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Sending a message out to Jerry Blake. I have been looking at your pics on your website for some time and decided to send off for a Hot Springs brochure. Well, i got it yesterday and i have to say, it looks like you have your own little piece of heaven over there. I am headed to Daytona sunday for some sun and fun and then i have another week off in july and was looking for somewhere different to go. I will tell you i have now added Hot Springs to my top three finalists. I crappie fish all the time here in Tennessee. I tell everyone that all i fish for is crappie and the look at me kinda funny, but thats ok also. I went yesterday with my wife and caught them off the very end of a large sunken maple tree in about 13 feet of water with minnows. Once i established the right depth with my 12 footer, i never touched the reel again. I just wanted to let you know that you sure live in a pretty town. I went to Searcy in the summer of 84 for a week for a Farm Bureau sponsored trip, but haven't been in the state since. Hopefully that will change soon. Jerry keep up the good work and thanks for letting me drop this line . Take care. From manchester tennessee
    Hey fatboy,

Hot Springs is a great vacation destination with plenty to do for everyone from shopping to sight-seeing to fishing and more. If you need ideas for a place to stay or things to do just let me know.

On a half day trip I could show you several of the brush piles we've been catching the crappie on and you would be welcome to fish them from your own boat. You can even bring a GPS if you like so you can find them easily.

We had some good trips in July last year and I expect to do as well or better this year because I put in a lot more brush last winter. Here are a few pictures from July last year.

If you do want a fishing trip let me know soon as I am getting quite a few bookings for July.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

jerry, sorry i haven't responded very quickly. This is my weekend to work. I work twelve and a half hour shifts. Three days one week, four the next, so sorry i am just now responding. I appreciate your quick response. I decided yesterday that i am gonna give Hot Springs a try. I have never been there, so i would enjoy seeing something different. I always enjoy checking out your pics. I appreciate the invite, but to be honest with you, if i come there, i just want to relax , kick back and enjoy a few beers with my wife. Alone time with her is few and far between, but i will promise you one thing. I will come back and use you as a guide in the future. I promise. Now, check out my web site if you have the time. Thanks Jerry, Fatboy
    www.dspressurewashing.com

ps. the web site is for my "Side business" , even though i put in more hours doing it than my full time job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    jerry, sorry i haven't responded very quickly. This is my weekend to work. I work twelve and a half hour shifts. Three days one week, four the next, so sorry i am just now responding. I appreciate your quick response. I decided yesterday that i am gonna give Hot Springs a try. I have never been there, so i would enjoy seeing something different. I always enjoy checking out your pics. I appreciate the invite, but to be honest with you, if i come there, i just want to relax , kick back and enjoy a few beers with my wife. Alone time with her is few and far between, but i will promise you one thing. I will come back and use you as a guide in the future. I promise. Now, check out my web site if you have the time. Thanks Jerry, Fatboy
    www.dspressurewashing.com

ps. the web site is for my "Side business" , even though i put in more hours doing it than my full time job.

Hey Fatboy,

Looked over your website - very nice! If you'll come pressure-wash my house and deck I'll take you fishing!!!!!!!!

You and your wife will enjoy Hot Springs. There are a couple of can't miss attractions I would recommend seeing while you're here.

One is the National Park Visitors Center in one of the old bathhouses on bathhouse row downtown. It’s free and gives you some great history on the area and the bathhouse industry.

The other one is Ouachita Vista – an overlook on top of a mountain with a panoramic view of 54,000-acre Lake Ouachita. On a clear day you can see water and islands for miles in three directions. It’s about a 30-minute drive west of Hot Springs off Highway 270.

After your trip, let me know how you and your wife like Hot Springs.

FISH (AND TRAVEL) ON!
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry Blake; 06-08-2004 at 06:18 PM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just stumbled across this site.Jerry is awesome!Fished with him last year and had a great trip.Hot Springs was a great vacation.
    Jim and Tammy