Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting additional seat bases

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting additional seat bases

Boat is a '04 g3 1756dlx. Wanting to mount two bases, in the front, on either side of the existing one. No access to underneath.
    Who's done this? What hardware did you use to mount the bases. Will be ¾ pin style bases.
    For those that have done it, how sturdy are the bases? Do you have any regrets, would you have gone a different route?
    Thanks
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Same questions.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

Alumacraft told me I could not add extra plates to my boat. It would weaken the front deck to much. I went with a EZT double seat mount

Post Thanks / Like

I have NOT done this , but my first thought would be too put a bead of construction adheassive, Liquid Nails around the bottom of the base and glue it down , then find some Molly screws or toggle bolts . drill the holes put the bolts in tighten down do not have to reach in with them.
    I thought fish trembled when they heard my name.......then I heard the laughter

Post Thanks / Like

Toggle bolts will be a lot stronger than Molly's IMHO
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just added 2 last week, but I have the 2 and 3/8 post, swivel easy, on a 18.5 targa, I dont like the 3/4 post, I have a tracker 17.5 with the 3/4 post, they are weak. I had to take a panel lose in the storage to get under the deck on the left side, and on the right side i went through the front storage hole to get under the deck. Worked out very good! Should have done that years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

yep they'll work, but they don't spread the weight around like a toggle bolt does
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Skunked Again: If I understand what you are trying to accomplish, thinking you want the flexibility to have two seats on the bow? If so, have you looked at other options:

Two websites below might give you some thoughts: (I haven't used either of these, but found them quickly on the internet)

Double Seat Mounts
    Double-Seat-Pedestals

I recommend you weigh your options. I mounted a spiderlock base some time ago on my war eagle for spider rigging and was not happy with the lack of stability. Could not secure it adequately to the bracing underneath the front deck.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceman - I looked at those. It's one more thing to store, mounting the base plates would alleviate that issue. And their alot more money. Granted, they do give more "flexibility". Ultimately it be the easiest.
    Wilbur - I think the rivnut would work, I have to agree with wanabee fisherman though, toggle would spread weight around better. How much better? Dunno
    Country boy nc- my existing seats are already ¾ pin. Do not have the extra $$ to switch over. I have no access to the underside of the front deck, where the "new" mounts would go. Thus the issue.
    Bassing_53 - weakening the deck is the concern.
    Thank you to all for the suggestions! Gonna keep thinking about it.
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast