Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My Favorite Dock Shooting Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Favorite Dock Shooting Rig

I like a 1/32 oz BPS pink jighead or a Midsouth 1/32oz Super Jig in pink mated with a 2 inch Kalin Triple Threat in Acid Rain. That slow fall and tail action they got's to have it. Pole wise a 5ft BnM Sharpshooter with a Shimano Stradic 1000 FH with Mr. Crappie 4lb high Viz Yellow. Have a favorite, please chime in?

Post Thanks / Like

I use 1/32 jigs I make with #2 hooks and a tube or panfish assasin. I just don't have allot of luck with crappie when using small hooks

Name:  1 32 number 2 hook 002.JPG
Views: 2096
Size:  93.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

That Super Jig has a No. 4 hook but the BPS is a No. 6 hook. I like the Super Jig because it has the gold hook which does not rust like the BPS. Kind of like the sheen and eyes better on the BPS jighead though. Man I sure like that jig on the far right Crappieday with the pink head and chart. body. I want to try panfish assassins on dockshooting I hear they are excellent just haven't got around to it. With those hooks he want have a chance will he. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Countrytime; 02-18-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

OOHH, I like those jigheads.
    Good things come to those who bait.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up My dock shooting outfit(s) ...

Though I have been known to shoot a dock or two with my 7ft Sam Heaton, my 8ft Duckworth FnF rods, and most all of my other 6ft spinning outfits :D .... my one "specific" dock shooting outfit is a :

5ft 2pc Quantum 653N UL graphite spinning rod
    Shakespeare Alpha XT 1000 UL spinning reel
    4lb test Stren Gold
    1/32-1/16oz weedless jighead (P&S Tackle V-wing)
    Panfish Assassin (plastic body)

This was my "original" jig casting outfit, when I first got back into Crappie fishing and casting jigs. I still use it for that, too, but it's primary purpose is (now) dock shooting.

My backup, also a double duty outfit, is primarily used for casting Roadrunners. But, in cases where it's needed, it serves me well as a dock shooter. The backup outfit is:

6ft 1pc graphite Browning/Lew's Hi-Power SG Speed Stick with graphite Tenn Handle (Model BTUHT29460) MH action
    Shimano Spirex 2000 FD spinning reel
    10/2 Yellow PowerPro braid

When I respool my reels, for the upcoming season, I may try my Mr Crappie 4lb hi-vis (chartreuse) line on my dock shooting outfit (Quantum) ... but, the PowerPro will stay on the other :D (I like being able to set the hook, with this line/outfit, by simply pulling back on the rod while continuing to reel :p
    ... no "jerking" of the rod is needed !! ) .... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy do you have a phone number I can call to order some of those weedless v wing jigheads. Also you panfish assassins guru's let's have the colors that are most productive for you. Sounds like a great outfit you got pappy, need to try some Power Pro for sure, keep hearing good things about it .

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation No problem CT ....

Quote Originally Posted by Countrytime
    Crappiepappy do you have a phone number I can call to order some of those weedless v wing jigheads. Also you panfish assassins guru's let's have the colors that are most productive for you. Sounds like a great outfit you got pappy, need to try some Power Pro for sure, keep hearing good things about it .
    You can contact Paul Mullins by either :
    email - [email protected]
    phone - 606-642-3167

Crappie.com members get a discount, so be sure and mention that you're a member, saw them on here, or that I sent you. Prices are $0.25/ea for any number less than 100 ... or $20 per 100
    S/H costs are only a couple of dollars.

Panfish Assassins - Albino Shad is a "gotta have"
    PowerPro - being so limp and light, it does blow easily in much of a wind ... especially with any distance. Even so, you can still "see" a strike much better with it ... than with mono. And you'll want to have ceramic guide inserts on any rod you use it on ... otherwise it will "sing" to you, when reeling it in

..... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

thanks crappiepappy for putting me on to pauls v wing weedless jigs. they got the #2 hook that i like. i hope he keeps making them. good looking product and works as good as they look.

westsam

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Glad you like 'em !!

Quote Originally Posted by westsam
    thanks crappiepappy for putting me on to pauls v wing weedless jigs. they got the #2 hook that i like. i hope he keeps making them. good looking product and works as good as they look.

westsam

They are "the ticket" !! .......... luck2ya ... cp