Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dock Fishing Delight

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dock Fishing Delight

Started fishing about sundown. Fishing got intense at almost dark, a feeding frenzy to say the least. We we catching all models, including very large skip jack herring. Everything shut down shortly after dark. It was fun while it lasted.

I installed a led strip light at the dock and finally got to try it out. Makes a big difference compared to 2 large outside incandescent lights. LEDs are like instant daylight. This picture was taken at night. LED=Great invention.

We had a large time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun. I first started working with LED's back in 1973. Had someone told me they would be able to put out the light they do today I would have called them crazy...LOL. Amazing how far they have come.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the fast action. Enjoyed the post Cane Pole

Post Thanks / Like

We were floating jigs and minners a foot under float. Floats got a lots of hits too. Fun to watch.

Float = Comal cigars.

Post Thanks / Like

Here I am posting pictures of fish and yawl talking about minner dips. Holy Cow!

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post and pics Tom. I haven't been in so long I forget what a fish feels like. And now with all the water from the hurricane things are still undecided. Soon. Hope all is well with you two.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thingsa slow on c.com. Ima justa generating some traffic. Lotta folks ain't catching squat. Thought I would just send a reminder.
    Likes blueball, wannabe fisherman, Redge LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some years back when I was between boats for a number of years, my daughter and I made a couple of trip a week to a spot right in the city limits. We'd go to be there at 6 PM and fish til dark, about 45 minutes. The action at that time was incredible, bass, crappie, and bluegills seem to come alive at the witching hour. We caught our supper many evenings at that fishing hole. Many times we'd arrive to find others there but as the sun starting getting low they would leave mostly with nothing or little to show. After they were gone, we'd move in to catch our fish at the magic hour.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes Redge, captcall, Cane Pole LIKED above post