Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod and reels?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod and reels?

Curious to see what kinds of rods and reels you guys out there are using to fish crappie

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use southern crappie rods from 8 to 16 ft and Diawa reels with vicious 6 lb yeller line for pulling and tight lining. I have 8 14 ft southern crappie for tight lining in one boat and 8 12 ft southern in another boat. I would venture to say the southern crappie are the best all around rod you can buy. My opinion.
    Likes arkcrappie, excited4711 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

6Ft. ugly stick /shakespear sigma 2000, 6lb. mono. slip bobber use ; 5 1/2 Ft. Diawa ultra light /Diawa 100x , 4 Lb. mno. casting small jigs , mini crank baits , in line spinners. the Diawa has 30 years fishing and the Shakespear about 10 . only change I make is line and clean an lube when the snow is flying.
    I thought fish trembled when they heard my name.......then I heard the laughter

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling rods are mismash of BnM and Bass Pro series with Shimano IX1000 reels and 6lb offshore angler hi viz line. Jig pole is Bass Pro Crappie Max Pro 12' with Eagle Claw Ice Reel and 10lb Power Pro, spinning rods are Berkley Lightning rods 6'6" ML with Mitchell Avocet 100 and 4lb Trilene XL and Gander Vortex 5'6" UL with Crappie Pro Slab Shooter reel and Trilene XL 4lb.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have just one BPS rod (6'6") and the rest are B n' M, two 7' SHSS, one 9' SHSS and one 9' side pulling rod (B n' M's Roger Gant). The reels are now predominantly Pflueger 6920 siz Presidents. I also have a couple of Shimano Symetres, but since they skyrocketed in price, I'm more than pleased with the lesser expensive Pfluegers. JMO!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Being from South La. I fish mostly shallow waters, 6 to 7 feet. With that condition I find my favorite is a 10 jig pole (Sam Heaton, Duck Commander) with a Wally Marshall Solo reel. Very light setup for many hours of comfortable fishing. I also sometimes fish slightly deeper water or revert to casting and reeling. I then use my B&M Super Six Sharp Shooter which only does a fair job casting light jigs, remember it was engineered for dock shooting, or one of two 7' micro-lite rods of unknown name which I purchased on line years ago. They have performed well over the last 10 years.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

MHX Custom 7' S842-2 Light/fast for throwing jigs. Shimano Stradic 1000
    MHX Custom 7'6" SJ9000-2 for vertical jigging. Shimano Stradic 1000
    Pinnical Custom 10'6 Light/moderate for floats. Diawa gold 1500
    Gander Mountain Angler series 7'6" and 8'6" Medium light/fast planner board rods for trolling. Diawa Accudepth 27's
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite rods are BnM,Ultralite for jigging,C&C for slow trolling.I'm not very picky with my reels and most are cheaper models,the best ones I have have are Pflueger Trions and a President which I think is a very nice reel.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 8ft BnM jigging pole (more for fishing off the boat docks) with a Mitchell 308 reel and 6lb. Trilene XL, My others are a Field and Stream 5'6" TEC-LITE ultra light rod with a Shimano Sienna 1000 series reel and 4lb. Trilene XL and the last is just a 4ft Ugly Stik with a Shimano Sienna 1000 and 4lb. Trilene XL.

Post Thanks / Like

I build my own using mhx blanks with pinnacle reels with 4lbs to 6lbs test!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast