Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider rigging question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging question

I'm fairly new to spider rigging and I was wondering if anyone would share how they rig up a double jig rig? I have just been fishing with Minnows lately using a c&c rigs. I tried using same setup for jigs but I feel there's a better way.

Post Thanks / Like

Tie your first jig on and leave several feet of tag end, hold tag and main line parallel and wrap around 2 fingers 3 times and then drop the jig through the loop twice, this will make a dropper. You should
    Still have about 30" of tag end. Slide your egg weight on mainline and tie your bottom jig on. Use a split shot without the wings to secure the egg weight. I always make my top jig lighter and bottom heavier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RK1 View Post
    Tie your first jig on and leave several feet of tag end, hold tag and main line parallel and wrap around 2 fingers 3 times and then drop the jig through the loop twice, this will make a dropper. You should
    Still have about 30" of tag end. Slide your egg weight on mainline and tie your bottom jig on. Use a split shot without the wings to secure the egg weight. I always make my top jig lighter and bottom heavier

thats cool...so you tie the jig FIRST...THEN the loops to make the dropper loop....I have been trying to do this but without tying the jig first..thanks for that......

Post Thanks / Like

Once you get the hang of it it's a nice quick way to make a double minnow rig, I buy a lot of the pre-made B'n'M rigs from Walmart in 3/8 and 1/2oz but when I want a rig with jigs or heavier weight than 1/2oz I prefer to do it that way over having to mess with cutting and tying leaders onto a 3 way swivel, if you have trouble with it shoot me a PM and I'll figure out a way to get you a video of how I tie it!

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried tieing any yet but if I have problems I will let you know. Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like

You can also slip a jig over the bare hook of your C&C rig and keep on fishing without tying anything.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I do that sometimes but only with soft plastics, I refer to my 'jigs' as a lead head with some sort of feather/furry body and tail tied onto it