Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GPS/Sonar Lowrance vs Eagle

Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS/Sonar Lowrance vs Eagle

Color vs Monochrome display. I am looking at getting a gps combo but wanted to know what the advantage of having a color display would be. The units with the color cost more but the resolution is less. I like the Lowrance LMS-480 and Eagle FishElite 480. I also like the Eagle FE 640C. I want to run Hot Maps on the unit because I have heard they have really detailed maps. Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished for around 15 years with a monochrome fish finder and within the last year bought a color one (Eagle FishMark 500c) and to me the difference is night and day. I love the color display. The white background really makes everything stand out a lot better. I still have a monochrome unit in the rear and when I look at it I think yuck. Go to Eagles website and download some of the emulators and play with them, see for yourself.

http://www.eaglesonar.com/Downloads/...rs/default.htm

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I agree I just went to the colored monitor and have been messing around with it and love it.
    can't catch'em at home

Prospect Hill,N.C. LAKES, FALLS AND JORDAN
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re Color

Ask Yourself The Question, Would You Watch A Movie In B&w When You Could Watch The Same Movie In Color,well The Same Holds True For Sonar. There Is No Comparison Between B&w And Color. The Color Unit Is The Only Way To Go.
    JERK THEM OUT BY DA ROOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!