Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slabalicious yay or nay?

Post Thanks / Like

Default slabalicious yay or nay?

I got a few packs of these to try. Looks like a hot grub meets long tailed slider. Seemed like they would work well.

I tried them out the other night and it seems like they really need some speed to move the tail otherwise they dont do poop.

What do yall think of them? They seem a little large and the material too stiff for me. Little disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

The fish love the slabalicious! If your single polling, you should be able to feel that bait vibrating as it falls.
    Take a slabalicious tube, hold it with two fingers, and see if you can hold it without the tail moving? The slightest movement's will make that paddle tail dance.
    And they are great for jig pitching and a fantastic bait for trolling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I love em! And my findings are exactly opposite of yours. Very supple plastic, in fact that is one of complaints, tears easily the other is hard to find locally.

Post Thanks / Like

And if your disappointed and going to pitch them into the trash, you can pitch them into a envelope and send them my way. We can salvage them into some fish catching here on KY Lake!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The Slabalicious is selling! Many of my customers really like the action the lure has. Good colors.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I like them also. I often rig them on my CB Slider heads. Other times on an open jig, Usually 1/32 either way right now. I get plenty of movement from them. I do think that some of ones with chartr tails have a tendency to separate at the point where they join. And I agree that they often seem to be a denser mat'l than Sliders. Still I like them and have several bags always. Cajun cricket and hot chicken dotcom have been good to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a ton of fish on them this past spring, which is about the only time I cast. The held up well, and had pretty good action on a slow roll back to the boat.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use them a lot when pulling jigs and the crappie and striper love them. Have not jiged with them as we generally use smaller baits. I probably have every color they come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Good bait... but for me the Shadpole CT has been better....a lot better.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool deal, I will give them a second chance (was going to anyways). I was fishing a shallow pond and the bite was slow so I was on the fringe of how slow I will wind a grub trying to coax a bite. With the extra long hinge i was expecting them to "swim" with less effort than a slider but i guess not.

Thanks for the feedback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast