Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to site and my Questions are!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to site and my Questions are!

What type of water would be the best to drop crappie condos in for year around fishing?

I'm looking to build my condos out of buckets and PVC. Any suggestions on better materials?

Any other info would be appricated!

Post Thanks / Like

So far it sounds like you have some great materials. Try getting a small bucket and use cement for the weight. After you pour the cement in stick bammboo in it like you are makeing a flower arrangement. I have found that this is some great cover for crappie and it doesn't take long for them to be attracked to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Lakeforkguy,
    A lot depends on the water clarity, overall depth and the level fluctuation of the lake you fish. The clearer the water, the deeper you need to put them. Here on Kentucky Lake, we have found that, on average, 10-12 feet is a good all around depth but water clarity changes depending on the rain and runoff and the level changes 5 feet from summer to winter. We have beds in 7 different bays and we have to fish each bay a little different from the other. Some, on average, are shallower than others and some have a deep creek channel next to shallow water and some don't have much definition at all. But when we start putting stuff in a new bay, we start at 10-12 feet. Hope this helps.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good question

This is a new game for me as well, I have wondered where and what to look for in an area to place structure.

Post Thanks / Like

How is the crappie fishing in Fork? Is it as good as the bass? Do you have both blacks and whites?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Grizz there are both black and white in the lake. The crappie fishing is above average for sure. I have caught some good ones at times. I'm just now starting to look at crappie condos. I want to put some out in the lake and not where someone can tie up to a tree. If you find crappie around a tree then the next day or two there will be boats lined up to fish that spot. Crappie fishing is good but the Bass still get the most attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, thats good to know. I've always wanted to fish that lake.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Grizz here is a address to check out the fishing at Lake Fork.
    http://www.ets-systems.com/lakefork/...fishreport.htm

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Lfg ...

check out the discussions on this forum : http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Pictures, and posts about the when/where/how/why of Crappie cover are covered in the threads of this section of the site. ... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from the great state of Mississippi. Let us know how your condos work for you. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast