Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tube size

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tube size

Want to start using some tubes. What's the best size for Crappie? Thanks,Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Arkie 2.5" tubes, you'd be surprised what a little dink crappie can eat. It definitely doesn't shy em away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes "G", Cphill LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the midsouth tubes which are a little longer and thicker,probably around 1.75 " long.We also use the Southern pro tubes in both 1.5 and 2" lengths and they seem to work as well.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Arkie Pro Tubes 2 and a half inch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I used some super tiny tubes the other day that are about an inch long ....the reason was because that's what the big crappie wanted . Mind ya bigger might be better but not always .....food for thought
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I used some super tiny tubes the other day that are about an inch long ....the reason was because that's what the big crappie wanted . Mind ya bigger might be better but not always .....food for thought

I always carry a variety on hand just for this reason. I have from 100th to 1/8 and am glad I do because. same with skirts tiniest I can get away with to the 2.5 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

You want some of different sizes and you want some umbrella ones too. I always have 1/32 oz,1/16oz and 1/8 oz heads to match them with. I also when casting or pulling them will use them on a roadrunner head and I will also use a jig spinner at times with the lead heads. I overall do best with a 1.75 to 2" tube....but the big tubes make a difference sometimes. And the funny thing is sometimes in cold water when you think you should down size is when the big tubes will work best.Especially when it's bigger crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

1" to 2.5" I use em all. But I bet 1.75" & 2" are most used.
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

i love the fat 2'' Umbrella tubes by Southern Pro fished on 1/8 oz head but when real aggressive bite , switch to bigger 2.5'' tubes in glow ( orange / chart or solid chart ) colors are great in spring fishing deep or dingy waters on 1/4 oz heads. Crappie don't nibble . If you check stomach contents of Crappie will see why they have a large mouth . I fish tubes except the few times I use hand tied jigs but never minnows .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Tubes are fairly inexpensive..... get various sizes..... most of my success has been with either 1.5 or 2.5 inch........ I'm partial to the 2.5s ...... but the 1.5s have their place and are worth having

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast