Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A beautiful fall night on the pond (pic heavy)

Post Thanks / Like

Default A beautiful fall night on the pond (pic heavy)

What a difference 10 days makes for the fall colors:

Name:  IMG_0510.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  33.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0511.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  48.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0512.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  33.1 KB
    Today was a simply spectacular day here in CT. Cloudless blue sky, touch of breeze, cool air; this is the weather that makes the rest of the year worth suffering through! Just had to go fishing to make it the perfect early fall day and even the fish cooperated!
    Name:  IMG_0514.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  47.9 KB
    Had a great time rowing around real slow, around 1 mph or less. Dragging 2 BG baby shad lures, Patriot color and threadfin shad color. Threadfin on a 1/16 oz. jig head and the Patriot on a 1/32 oz., so they were running different depths while trolling, I'm pretty sure. I had the split screen on most of the night, 2d and side scan set around 40' per side, 800 mhz on the Sidescan. Fish would show up on the 2d (I had the fish ID on tonight) and I'd go real easy and BAM, one of the poles would go tight. Worked just like it was supposed to! See the fish, catch the fish.........it was great fun!
    Name:  IMG_0515.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  55.5 KB

A few times, the wind was calm enough to let me stop over group of fish as indicated on the 2d and jig up a fish or 2. But slow trolling was the exercise of the night and the results were good. I didn't take a picture of every one but enough to show the different sizes.
    Name:  IMG_0519.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  51.5 KB

I didn't keep track of numbers but it wasn't about numbers tonight; it was about the being out there just for being out there on a gorgeous evening.
    Here is one more from tonight, as the sun was getting lower and the red's were starting to deepen with the setting sun:

Name:  IMG_0517.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  35.4 KB

In last week's post I mentioned the colors closer to home being further along; here is a shot from yesterday as an example.
    Name:  IMG_0508.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  57.3 KB

Looking at this one reminds me that yesterday was a pretty darn nice day, too!
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes SeaRay, crappiebob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great evening and a bonus with fish in an agreeable mood. The colors are just starting up here in MA. Unfortunately my favorite lake closes next Saturday. Rich and I will have to start fishing our alternate ponds in another week. Hope to wet a line this week before our favorite closes.

Tight lines to you.

Walt
    Likes crappiebob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Really pretty colors! Like Walt says....at least one more trip.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes crappiebob LIKED above post