Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mobile Delta

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mobile Delta

New to crappie fishing - a converted bass fisherman... Anyone here have any tips for making the switch ??

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Odenville Al. Try to find someone in your are who crappie fishes and go with them. If that is not possible just read on here and ask questions. The folks on here are pretty good about sharing info that can help you.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wcowan86 View Post
    New to crappie fishing - a converted bass fisherman... Anyone here have any tips for making the switch ??
    Post about yourself & what area lakes you intend to fish in the Alabama state forum. Ask for your "tips" and what methods are most productive at those lakes. Attend any camps or get together functions put on by members, when possible. That will put you in the mix for more "local/regional" info. And you can get a lot of "general" info from the Main Message Forum.

I fish for both species, just not very often for Bass (anymore), and I use some rods for Crappie that were previously used for Bass ... just lighter line & smaller baits. I'd still rather cast than longline troll, tightline w/live bait, or push/pull jigs & cranks ... but, if those methods are outproducing casting, then I have no qualms about switching techniques.

Luck2ya & to Crappie.com !!