Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some help with pole holder setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help with pole holder setup

My dad just bought a new war eagle 1754 stick steer. He's looking for a set up that will hold 4 poles max. He's mostly gonna go back and forth between holding 2 and pushing 2 or pushing all 4.

I'm having trouble coming up with something that's usable for his boat. Between the rise in the bow and the trolling motor and steering cable sticking up almost negates the idea of a holder mounted center in front of him. I also think holders mounted on the side might be in the way if you happen to be holding a pole.

Maybe someone here has this same boat and has already solved this problem....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How you thought about single pole Rod holders? Something like this Name:  image.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  48.8 KB sorry pic is upside down
    Likes 20watt LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Post this question on the Georgia board. A pile of fellers on there run stick steer and I am sure they have overcome the issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks huntinslabs.

And haven't looked at any like those yet fishbrain. I've seen some similar that will mount to the t-trac

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If your long lining any of the T bar systems will work. I have driftmastervon my stick boat and it works great. Can't help on the pushing techniques

Post Thanks / Like

20Watt
    I have a Duracraft stick steer and I found Hoover rod holders (Products) that are made specifically to fit the rail on Duracraft and War Eagle boats. It mounts anywhere along the gunnel and takes only seconds to put on or take off. I use a 3 rod holder for these bases but you can go to whatever size holder you like from 2 to 4 or more.
    The bases have a 1/2" stainless nut which will accommodate Driftmasters or any other T-Bar with a 1/2 threaded rod. The thing I really like about the bases is you can position them anywhere along the gunnel and remove them when not using them.
    Here are some pictures of mine with the 3 rod T-Bar(local product) and the Driftmaster Tip saver rod transport holders mounted. You can see it locks in place with a wing nut and is easy to adjust.(The bolt is flared on the end so the wing nut won't come off and get lost)
    Name:  rod mounts3.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  39.2 KBName:  rod mounts2.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  49.9 KBName:  rod mounts.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  47.8 KB
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I had a thread about securing the outboard so it does not flop around while on the trailer. I ended up copying an idea from another member who used a hasp to secure it. Check out my picture near the end of this thread. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...9=#post3291801
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  50.1 KB
    I know it's hard to see but where the green rag is attached to one of mine. I have a star base from drift master mounted on that flat, then a rod holder Nashe held to it with a bolt. Holders are 9 inches high. It's a modified rig I put together with Hi Tec holders and it works good for me. I can single pole over it, I just loose bolt on one on left and spin it to retrieve my trolling motor. I will find or take some better pictures.
    That's on a 754vs
    Last edited by Cray; 10-04-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check with Scott (callshy) at HiTek products. He makes a set-up for the gunnel risers that uses 9 inch high uprights. They are perfect for the walking portion of the center of my Bay Pro and should work great for the stick steer.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff