Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: October Panfish (video)

Post Thanks / Like

Default October Panfish (video)

With such a nice day in the forecast for yesterday I decided to take advantage of it and head to one of my favorite crappie and bluegill reservoirs in north central Michigan. Well the weather man was right and it was beautiful out. Other than a bit of mist off and on throughout the day, it was ideal. The winds were just about zero and the temperature was in the low 60's, so to me, it was perfect. I had expected to see the typical early morning Autumn surface feed and but it just wasn't happening. There were a few small schools of surface feeding bluegills, but after taking a good look into the water, I could see that there were not masses of zooplankton on the surface like there usually is this time of year, so it made sense that the fish weren't going to be up there either. It didn't take me long to change my plan of approach and switch from my intended surface presentation to one of working the wood. As you'll see in the video, it ended up being the right decision. Although I didn't land large numbers of fish, in fact I only caught about 18 total, they were all good fish and I was more than satisfied with the few hours I spent on the water.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D
    Likes smoothlures, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for brining us along , looks like nice tree colors ,time to color tour soon.
    I thought fish trembled when they heard my name.......then I heard the laughter

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good trip.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.