Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance H2o

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance H2o

Alright guys,

I just got one of these gps thingies! I also bought the navionics premium south and east version. Navionics is supposed to be here next week, the gps is already here

Two questions

1. How do you use this gps thing? I thought the lowrance was easier to use than others. Do I really have to read this book?

2. Did I "mess" up when I bought the Navionics hotmaps instead of the Lowrance version. Guy at Cabelas said there was a lot more detail on the Navionics. Will I be able to just put the SD card in the slot under the batteries and pull up the lakes I want?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-17-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just put the card in and it will automatically load. If you didn't get one, I would highly recommend the power cord as those units like batteries.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Radio Shack or somewhere and get an adapter that plugs into the wall and then plug the cigarette power cord into that and you and use it indoors all you like. When you turn it on find the setup and set it to work "indoors" and it will not keep trying to find the satellites. I have a H20c and I love it. Just keep reading and playing with it while you are watching TV or something.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance H2O

I have one and found out that you can't do very much on the simple settings. You need to set it to the advanced settings. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an H2Oc and really like it. It's one of those things you gotta use frequently to stay familiar with it. The Lowrance website also has some free enhanced lake maps that are real easy to download. I have most of the Oklahoma lakes on my card and they work well and are very accurate. Unfortunalely, I think the only Missouri lake available is Truman.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah..you best read the manual..."easy" is a relative term. I also have found that the easy setting is pretty basic. To get the best use out of your unit you will need to learn to use the advanced setting. I didn't fully understand all the features on my H2O till I bought mapCreate 6.3. That forced me to learn the thing almost inside out. Now I use the darned thing almost every time I hit the road or lake. Best thing to remember is that the more you use it the more familiar with it you will become. Play with it as often as you can when walking or driving. It's gonna frustrate you a few times but once you get used to it you will probably fall in love with it.
    Last edited by Kenny; 02-17-2007 at 11:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Just put the card in and it will automatically load. If you didn't get one, I would highly recommend the power cord as those units like batteries.

Not with the Navionics chips!! You have to go (In Advance Mode) Menu-> Menu-> System Setup Menu -> Transfer My Data -> load

There is a DVD you can purchase for your exact unit that will help you out ( i assume I haven't used it personally), but with you already have wrapped up in it 15.00 more dollars can't hurt!