Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Snuck in a trip last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snuck in a trip last night

I was able to squeeze in a couple of hours after work last night for a quick trip before the showery weather settles in for the next few days. While the trees in the swamps around home are showing substantial color, the trees around the pond are showing just a hint of fall.

Name:  IMG_0504.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  37.2 KB

I set up to troll around, hoping to locate a school or 2 and work them jigging but never found any grouped together. I would stop and cast occasionally then get back to searching. First fish was a larger than average 'gill, taken on a BG Baby shad, patriot color. Had quite a slow spell then hooked up and landed this nice crappie, a full 14" he was; best one I think I've landed from this pond, same lure.

Name:  IMG_0505.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  51.3 KB

That was the last one until just before dark when I landed a nearly legal length pickerel. Luckily, I didn't have to cut this one out the net like the last one I hooked here. So only 3 fish for the night but I enjoyed my time there alone with my thoughts. I get to solve all the worlds problems on nights like this. All 3 fish went back in for another day. All were caught while casting, nothing at all on the troll.

I made a number of recordings while rowing around and will spend the next few evenings playing them back and seeing everything I missed.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes brucec, crappiebob, John Doe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Now THAT is an awesome crappie! Congrats! We're not showing much color up here either. After this week's predicted rain - if it happens - that expedite the foliage change. Hopefully they won't just change and fall right away. But the weather "gurus" seem to think that will happen, due to our extended drought. It is what it is I guess. Good to see you getting out!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes brucec, crappiebob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'